Entrapment, injury reported in Derry Township accident
At least one person was trapped and had to be extricated following an accident in Derry Township about 10:50 p.m. Monday.
The accident involved more than one vehicle along Route 982 at Fisher Road.
A landing zone was established and a motorist with unspecified injuries was transported to a medical helicopter.
A Westmoreland County Public Safety dispatcher referred further questions to Mutual Aid EMS.
No one could immediately be reached for more information on Monday night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Prison becomes detox center for growing number of inmates with addictions
- Westmoreland County Fair doubles as meet-and-greet for candidates
- ‘Perfect’ skies draw big crowds to Westmoreland Fair
- Ligonier men claim arrests violated rights
- Hempfield prison film canceled because of Pa. budget impasse
- Death penalty considered for Rostraver man accused in bludgeoning death of sister’s boyfriend
- 2 women held for trial in Fayette mobile home park shooting
- Children honor late Ligonier Township officer at Westmoreland Fair
- Trafford man sentenced for sex with teen
- Volunteers play important role in success of SummerSounds concert series in Greensburg
- Greater Latrobe passes resolution to move forward on building new Latrobe Elementary School