PennDOT to stabilize rock slide along Penn Adamsburg Road in Hempfield
A slide stabilization project on Penn Adamsburg Road (Route 3077) will result in a road closure and detour for several weeks next month, PennDOT officials said.
The project, between the PennDOT stockpile and Gratz Street, will include excavation, rock backfill, roadway work and drainage to stabilize a rock slide.
Work is planned between Aug. 4-22, and a marked detour using Penn Adamsburg Road, Route 30, Penn High Park Road/Park Street will be in place.
PennDOT reminds motorists to drive with caution and to stay alert when entering a work zone.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Vandals ruin Ligonier Township farmers’ garden
- Ligonier Township K-9 officer home to recover from deadly collision
- Pair of zoning requests denied by Unity board
- Unity resident again accused of burglary
- Ex-Delmont man found dead in Florida
- Scottdale Friends of Library, YMCA Prayer Shawl Ministry to be active
- Hempfield hires finance director
- Westmoreland jail warden pushes for full-body scanner to find drugs, contraband
- State police to offer car seat inspections in Hempfield
- Westmoreland Veterans’ Monument unveiled, rededicated in Greensburg
- Penn Township man pleads guilty to assaulting 3 police officers