PennDOT to stabilize rock slide along Penn Adamsburg Road in Hempfield
A slide stabilization project on Penn Adamsburg Road (Route 3077) will result in a road closure and detour for several weeks next month, PennDOT officials said.
The project, between the PennDOT stockpile and Gratz Street, will include excavation, rock backfill, roadway work and drainage to stabilize a rock slide.
Work is planned between Aug. 4-22, and a marked detour using Penn Adamsburg Road, Route 30, Penn High Park Road/Park Street will be in place.
PennDOT reminds motorists to drive with caution and to stay alert when entering a work zone.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest
- Hempfield killer Stahl ordered to pay for slain wife’s funeral
- Mt. Pleasant residents voice support for Zilli as borough police chief
- Westmoreland prison online visit program delayed again
- East Huntingdon man, 91, finds 2nd career as a woodworker
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Westmoreland group gets pet oxygen masks for area fire departments
- Scottdale appoints borough solicitor
- Greensburg merchants offer soup for a charitable Claus
- Latrobe police officer sues councilman, city for slander