PennDOT to stabilize rock slide along Penn Adamsburg Road in Hempfield
A slide stabilization project on Penn Adamsburg Road (Route 3077) will result in a road closure and detour for several weeks next month, PennDOT officials said.
The project, between the PennDOT stockpile and Gratz Street, will include excavation, rock backfill, roadway work and drainage to stabilize a rock slide.
Work is planned between Aug. 4-22, and a marked detour using Penn Adamsburg Road, Route 30, Penn High Park Road/Park Street will be in place.
PennDOT reminds motorists to drive with caution and to stay alert when entering a work zone.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Contractor eyes early finish to work on New Stanton interchange of Interstate 70
- 2 Greensburg properties left on demo list
- $2,000 donated for abused puppies recovering at South Huntingdon shelter
- Greensburg streetlights to be updated, save city $90K
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive
- Western Pa. students bristle at changing menu choices
- Jeannette trudges through blight
- Penn Park project moves forward
- Keystone Bakery closes Greensburg store
- Excela, Pitt-Greensburg team on legacy videos for those in twilight of lives
- Westmoreland County Judge Regoli has 5 days to decide on whether he’ll ask for recount