PennDOT to stabilize rock slide along Penn Adamsburg Road in Hempfield
A slide stabilization project on Penn Adamsburg Road (Route 3077) will result in a road closure and detour for several weeks next month, PennDOT officials said.
The project, between the PennDOT stockpile and Gratz Street, will include excavation, rock backfill, roadway work and drainage to stabilize a rock slide.
Work is planned between Aug. 4-22, and a marked detour using Penn Adamsburg Road, Route 30, Penn High Park Road/Park Street will be in place.
PennDOT reminds motorists to drive with caution and to stay alert when entering a work zone.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Inmate charged with smuggling drugs into Westmoreland prison
- Two charged with drug possession
- 2 arrested after Jeannette raid turns up heroin, crack, gun
- Police: Woman faked Mt. Pleasant robbery
- Hempfield officials to review site plan for Excela Health Orthoplex
- Tenaska agrees to provide pollution information on proposed South Huntingdon plant
- Latrobe parks and recreation director to retire
- Ligonier man accused of beating, strangling woman
- Greensburg torture slaying participant Marinucci makes second appeal of sentence as unconstitutional
- Contractor on New Stanton I-70 project wants access route
- Training sessions to administer heroin overdose antidote to begin in Derry