Greensburg man charged with assaulting hospital guard
A Greensburg man was charged Wednesday with assaulting a security guard in Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital in the city.
An arrest warrant was to be issued for Adam Vallozzi, 33, on charges of aggravated assault and harassment by Greensburg District Judge James Albert.
Vallozzi punched the security guard early Tuesday morning, police said. The guard tried to block Vallozzi, who was in the hospital on an involuntary mental health commitment, from leaving his room, authorities said.
Vallozzi struck the guard in the head and face several times, police said.
The guard had blood on his teeth and lower lip and numerous red marks on his face, police said.
Earlier, Vallozzi had been arguing with his girlfriend, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Endowment of $3.49B makes University of Pittsburgh 25th richest in U.S.
- Westmoreland County settles with fired public defender
- Rostraver Democrat aims for 1 of 3 open spots on Westmoreland County bench
- Three injured in two-vehicle accident on Arona Road in Hempfield
- New Alexandria tree trimmer pleads guilty to fraud
- Suspect in West Newton burglary sought, alleged accomplice arrested
- Woman pays $178 fine for Westmoreland courthouse conduct
- Braddock man held for trial in Jeannette assault, robbery
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Latrobe police seek driver of red cargo van
- Delmont man blogs about industrial history of region, exploring long-cold coke ovens