Greensburg man charged with assaulting hospital guard
A Greensburg man was charged Wednesday with assaulting a security guard in Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital in the city.
An arrest warrant was to be issued for Adam Vallozzi, 33, on charges of aggravated assault and harassment by Greensburg District Judge James Albert.
Vallozzi punched the security guard early Tuesday morning, police said. The guard tried to block Vallozzi, who was in the hospital on an involuntary mental health commitment, from leaving his room, authorities said.
Vallozzi struck the guard in the head and face several times, police said.
The guard had blood on his teeth and lower lip and numerous red marks on his face, police said.
Earlier, Vallozzi had been arguing with his girlfriend, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police: Deer rifle in vehicle at Southmoreland High School
- Westmoreland may sell two-thirds of fleet, start leasing in cost-saving plan
- Westmoreland County judge denies appeal of convicted wife killer
- Greensburg police Officer Scalzo commended for stopping suicide
- Hempfield man accused of threats against troopers
- Route 981 sewage project could cost less
- Former Westmoreland-Armstrong and Indiana chapter of Red Cross changes name
- Jacobs Creek woman guilty in murder attempt
- Book tells history of Mt. Pleasant
- West Newton passes tentative spending plan
- 6 interviewed to fill Jeannette vacancy