Greensburg man charged with assaulting hospital guard
A Greensburg man was charged Wednesday with assaulting a security guard in Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital in the city.
An arrest warrant was to be issued for Adam Vallozzi, 33, on charges of aggravated assault and harassment by Greensburg District Judge James Albert.
Vallozzi punched the security guard early Tuesday morning, police said. The guard tried to block Vallozzi, who was in the hospital on an involuntary mental health commitment, from leaving his room, authorities said.
Vallozzi struck the guard in the head and face several times, police said.
The guard had blood on his teeth and lower lip and numerous red marks on his face, police said.
Earlier, Vallozzi had been arguing with his girlfriend, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ohio woman will be millionth passenger to fly out of Arnold Palmer airport
- Kennametal HQ relocation rankles Westmoreland County business leadership
- Westmoreland County candidate admits to summary offenses
- Democrats go on offense in Westmoreland County commission debate
- Mt. Pleasant school board to discuss website plan
- New Stanton considers contracting for police
- Grandparents’ bids for child custody imperiled
- Southmoreland directors to seek loan info from banks as state budget impasse continues
- Former Mich. lawmaker uses D.C. trip to lobby for veterans health care
- Greensburg council expected to approve fire truck purchase
- Laurel Ridge rangers on watch for sexual misconduct in park