Greensburg man charged with assaulting hospital guard
A Greensburg man was charged Wednesday with assaulting a security guard in Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital in the city.
An arrest warrant was to be issued for Adam Vallozzi, 33, on charges of aggravated assault and harassment by Greensburg District Judge James Albert.
Vallozzi punched the security guard early Tuesday morning, police said. The guard tried to block Vallozzi, who was in the hospital on an involuntary mental health commitment, from leaving his room, authorities said.
Vallozzi struck the guard in the head and face several times, police said.
The guard had blood on his teeth and lower lip and numerous red marks on his face, police said.
Earlier, Vallozzi had been arguing with his girlfriend, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Previously convicted of embezzlement, Mt. Pleasant postal worker accused of mail theft
- Fast-growing Americans for Prosperity opens location in Greensburg
- Prosecutors want texts back in Pinkney trial
- Officials plan software upgrade to Westmoreland County emergency dispatching system
- Westmoreland County Courthouse, annex roofs will be given $665K fix
- Ligonier Township planners offer suggested changes to zoning proposal
- State senator urges rejecting bids for former state prison site near Greensburg
- Court in the Classroom program provides insight for Norwin High School students
- Police claim woman stabbed husband at their Jeannette business
- Deputy sheriff seeks top spot in Greensburg office
- Updated Everson directory available at post office