Greensburg man sentenced for heroin sales
A Greensburg man was sentenced to serve up to 10 years in prison for selling heroin to a Jeannette woman who overdosed last year.
Travis Sturchio, 20, pleaded guilty Thursday to drug possession and delivery charges.
Police said Sturchio, a former McKeesport resident, was living at Hawksworth Garden Apartments in Greensburg in March 2013 when they found two bricks of heroin and more than $1,100 of cash in his home.
Police were investigating the overdose of an unnamed Jeannette woman, who survived, and suspected Sturchio was the man who sold her the drugs, according to court records.
Westmoreland County Judge Rita Hathaway ordered Sturchio to serve a mandatory sentence of five to 10 years in prison.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jeannette man jailed on armed robbery charge
- Students learn outside at Westmoreland County’s Envirothon in Hempfield
- ‘Doc Hope’ eases into retirement from West Newton veterinary clinic
- DA wants to use pot evidence in Hempfield slaying trial
- Youngwood residents take up cremation site fight
- Ordinance would increase parking fines in Hempfield
- Spirit Airlines lifts fortunes of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- Hyde Park woman will stand trial on charges she had sex with a teenage boy
- Route 217 bridge work about to start in Derry Borough
- Traveling amateur organists entertain fellow seniors with oldies music
- Westmoreland County municipalities push to clean up litter, dumps