Slide stabilization project delayed in Hempfield
A slide stabilization project scheduled to begin next week is now planned to start on Aug. 11, PennDOT officials said.
Work planned on Penn Adamsburg Road (Route 3077) will result in a road closure and detour for more than a week.
The project, between the PennDOT stockpile and Gratz Street, will include excavation, rock backfill, roadway work and drainage to stabilize a rock slide.
Work is planned between Aug. 11-22, and a marked detour using Penn Adamsburg Road, Route 30, Penn High Park Road/Park Street will be in place.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Over the falls — Cucumber Falls that is — go 3 Kayakers in OhioPyle
- Hempfield man charged with giving gun to teen girl
- Ligonier-based group sponsors rafting adventures to help ease veterans’ anxiety
- Westmoreland County Drug Overdose Task Force gets $9K to buy heroin antidote
- PennDOT to preview Route 119 project in East Huntingdon
- Southmoreland could get state subsidy boost
- 11 Ligonier Township residents rescued by boat from floodwaters
- Westmoreland historical society holding antiques appraisal
- Spirit Airlines puts Chicago on its flight path
- Unity planners OK proposal for Route 30 retail development
- North Huntingdon man accused of road rage altercation in Westmoreland