Slide stabilization project delayed in Hempfield
A slide stabilization project scheduled to begin next week is now planned to start on Aug. 11, PennDOT officials said.
Work planned on Penn Adamsburg Road (Route 3077) will result in a road closure and detour for more than a week.
The project, between the PennDOT stockpile and Gratz Street, will include excavation, rock backfill, roadway work and drainage to stabilize a rock slide.
Work is planned between Aug. 11-22, and a marked detour using Penn Adamsburg Road, Route 30, Penn High Park Road/Park Street will be in place.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Traveling amateur organists entertain fellow seniors with oldies music
- Westmoreland County municipalities push to clean up litter, dumps
- ‘Doc Hope’ eases into retirement from West Newton veterinary clinic
- Route 217 bridge work about to start in Derry Borough
- Spirit Airlines lifts fortunes of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- 2 Hempfield Area students charged with sexting
- Hempfield man dies in single-vehicle accident
- Land costs for New Stanton turnpike interchange project reach $4.2M
- Donors’ generosity allows Clairview School girls to get fancy for prom
- Police seek public help with East Huntingdon store thefts
- Seton Hill student tells how Pa. Gov. Wolf’s tax plan will hurt her