Slide stabilization project delayed in Hempfield
A slide stabilization project scheduled to begin next week is now planned to start on Aug. 11, PennDOT officials said.
Work planned on Penn Adamsburg Road (Route 3077) will result in a road closure and detour for more than a week.
The project, between the PennDOT stockpile and Gratz Street, will include excavation, rock backfill, roadway work and drainage to stabilize a rock slide.
Work is planned between Aug. 11-22, and a marked detour using Penn Adamsburg Road, Route 30, Penn High Park Road/Park Street will be in place.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Identities oftheft suspects sought by Penn Township and state police
- Mt. Pleasant Scout creates drop box for flag disposal
- Grant program targets 7 Westmoreland County towns, including Greensburg, for revitalization
- Girl, 8, hit by truck in North Irwin, breaks leg
- Latrobe-Unity parks department seeks grant; revamp to cost $112K
- Westmoreland judge: Contact with advocacy group won’t hamper fairness in drug trial
- Contract talks to start this week for prison union in Westmoreland
- At 87, Rostraver man still entertaining polka fans
- 1 injured in Mt. Pleasant Twp. accident
- Greensburg finalizes deal to provide sign language interpreter for soccer program
- Machine operator avoids serious injuries in accident in North Huntingdon