Slide stabilization project delayed in Hempfield
A slide stabilization project scheduled to begin next week is now planned to start on Aug. 11, PennDOT officials said.
Work planned on Penn Adamsburg Road (Route 3077) will result in a road closure and detour for more than a week.
The project, between the PennDOT stockpile and Gratz Street, will include excavation, rock backfill, roadway work and drainage to stabilize a rock slide.
Work is planned between Aug. 11-22, and a marked detour using Penn Adamsburg Road, Route 30, Penn High Park Road/Park Street will be in place.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Women to stand trial in theft of drugs from Norwin Pharmacy
- Fracking foes pack zoning discussion in Ligonier Township
- WCCC plans 25% tuition increase for 2015-16
- Dog found shot dead in cardboard box in Derry Township
- Westmoreland drug task force plans fundraising efforts
- Westmoreland judge offers Court in the Classroom
- Loyalhanna mother appeals conviction in beating of 3-month-old daughter
- Geneva College student died of heart-related natural causes, coroner says
- WCCC delays new building opening until fall
- Seder in Greensburg looks beyond Jewish community
- Police searching for man who pulled over high school student in Export