Mt. Pleasant hosting annual Cruise Night
The annual Mt. Pleasant Cruise Night will be held Aug. 15 at Frick Park.
The cruise night is celebrating its 28th year.
It is a fundraising event for the Mt. Pleasant Glass and Ethnic Festival.
“It's one of our biggest fund raisers,” said Jerry Lucia, Mt. Pleasant Glass and Ethnic committee co-chairman. “It's an important event for the glass festival because we use the proceeds from the cruise for the start up for the festival which is very costly.”
The cruise will begin with gates opening for the drivers at 6 p.m. Admission is by donation.
The first 200 drivers will receive special dash plaques.
The gates for the public will open at 7 p.m.
“It's a really nice community event and there are actually a lot of people from town who walk to it,” Lucia said.
There will be a DJ to provide theme music. Prizes will be awarded.
New this year, the committee will be offering special raffles that will be held throughout the evening and a 50/50 drawing will take place.
There will be food and beverages sold during the evening.
“I think it's gotten to be something that people look forward to,” said Rich Kujawa, cruise night chairman. “We see a lot of the same people every year and people always ask about it.”
Kujawa said the cruise has become one of the more popular events of its kind in the area. He said people from the Pittsburgh and Uniontown areas are expected to participate.
“That's always a good thing to hear that people are traveling to come to it,” Kujawa said.
The cruise night will be held on the ball field area of Frick Park and on the surrounding grassed area.
Kujawa said the committee will do its best to accommodate all interested drivers who bring their vehicles to be displayed.
“We don't like to turn anyone away,” Kujawa said. “We'll try to find some place anywhere that we can for them.”
Last year welcomed a record crowd. Kujawa hopes for another warm and clear night.
The event is sponsored by Davies Ford of Connellsville and company consultant Gene Gaskey said the dealer is thrilled to be a continuing part of the annual community event.
“Davies Ford is always pleased to be a part of the community and we are happy to be a sponsor for the annual cruise here in Mt. Pleasant,” Gaskey said. Rain date is Aug. 22. Admission for the event for the public will be $2 for those 12 years of age and older.
For information call 724-547-5302.
Marilyn Forbes is a contributing writer.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Knife-wielding man attacks 2 in Sheetz lot in Greensburg
- Franklin Regional stabbing suspect could leave Pa. for treatment
- Ex-clerk convicted of stealing more than $116K from WCCC avoids jail
- Bolivar couple charged with endangerment; baby nearly drowned, police say
- Butler blasting worker in North Huntingdon water main break put on probation
- Police: Charges unwarranted for Yough shop class project
- Youngwood Council to pick solicitor from ‘good mix’
- Greensburg man pleads guilty to lesser charges in altercation
- Delmont must address access road for gas station
- Mental health facility won’t take Franklin Regional stabbing suspect as patient
- Fundraising under way for Indiana County newborn struck by stray bullet