2 charged with stealing from assistant Westmoreland DA await hearing
The two people charged with snatching an assistant district attorney's purse and other crimes are in Westmoreland County Prison awaiting their preliminary hearing.
Autumn L. Walsh, 32, of Hutchinson has been charged with robbery, simple assault and harassment for her role in the theft of four purses from victims in Hempfield between July 23 and August 7, according to a report from state police.
Jason R. Price, 38, of Jeannette faces two counts of criminal conspiracy to commit robbery for the same crimes.
One of the purses was stolen from Assistant District Attorney Barbara Jollie on Thursday, while Jollie was in a supermarket.
The pair was arrested on Friday when they brought soft drinks to Cristiano's Pizzeria on Clay Avenue, demanding to be paid for soda the shop had not ordered.
More arrests connected to the string of robberies are expected, according to the police report.
District Judge Mark Mansour set a $75,000 monetary bail for Walsh and the same amount for Pierce. Neither was able to make bail.
Both are expected to appear for a preliminary hearing before District Judge James Falcon on Tuesday.
Jacob Tierney is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest
- Hempfield killer Stahl ordered to pay for slain wife’s funeral
- East Huntingdon man, 91, finds 2nd career as a woodworker
- Mt. Pleasant residents voice support for Zilli as borough police chief
- Westmoreland prison online visit program delayed again
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Derry man jailed in scuffle with police
- Westmoreland group gets pet oxygen masks for area fire departments
- Ministry makes sure no one goes hungry
- Palmer assistant honored with Latrobe service award