2 charged with stealing from assistant Westmoreland DA await hearing
The two people charged with snatching an assistant district attorney's purse and other crimes are in Westmoreland County Prison awaiting their preliminary hearing.
Autumn L. Walsh, 32, of Hutchinson has been charged with robbery, simple assault and harassment for her role in the theft of four purses from victims in Hempfield between July 23 and August 7, according to a report from state police.
Jason R. Price, 38, of Jeannette faces two counts of criminal conspiracy to commit robbery for the same crimes.
One of the purses was stolen from Assistant District Attorney Barbara Jollie on Thursday, while Jollie was in a supermarket.
The pair was arrested on Friday when they brought soft drinks to Cristiano's Pizzeria on Clay Avenue, demanding to be paid for soda the shop had not ordered.
More arrests connected to the string of robberies are expected, according to the police report.
District Judge Mark Mansour set a $75,000 monetary bail for Walsh and the same amount for Pierce. Neither was able to make bail.
Both are expected to appear for a preliminary hearing before District Judge James Falcon on Tuesday.
Jacob Tierney is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mental health facility won’t take Franklin Regional stabbing suspect as patient
- Fundraising under way for Indiana County newborn struck by stray bullet
- Attorney seeks dismissal of charge in Salem wreck that killed mother, unborn child
- Police: Jeannette woman tried to steal family’s safe
- Thousands attend Mt. Pleasant Glass and Ethnic Festival
- Hribal will be transferred to Allegheny County psychiatric facility
- Greensburg artist follows unusual path to creative career
- No relief in sight for Westmoreland transit passengers
- 3 confirmed cases of MRSA in Ligonier school district
- 3 face charges for drugs, weapons after arrest in North Huntingdon
- Greensburg man charged with sharing child pornography