2 charged with stealing from assistant Westmoreland DA await hearing
The two people charged with snatching an assistant district attorney's purse and other crimes are in Westmoreland County Prison awaiting their preliminary hearing.
Autumn L. Walsh, 32, of Hutchinson has been charged with robbery, simple assault and harassment for her role in the theft of four purses from victims in Hempfield between July 23 and August 7, according to a report from state police.
Jason R. Price, 38, of Jeannette faces two counts of criminal conspiracy to commit robbery for the same crimes.
One of the purses was stolen from Assistant District Attorney Barbara Jollie on Thursday, while Jollie was in a supermarket.
The pair was arrested on Friday when they brought soft drinks to Cristiano's Pizzeria on Clay Avenue, demanding to be paid for soda the shop had not ordered.
More arrests connected to the string of robberies are expected, according to the police report.
District Judge Mark Mansour set a $75,000 monetary bail for Walsh and the same amount for Pierce. Neither was able to make bail.
Both are expected to appear for a preliminary hearing before District Judge James Falcon on Tuesday.
Jacob Tierney is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- H&M to open in Westmoreland Mall
- Dining at Applebee’s helps Jacobs Creek Area Faith in Action
- Greensburg still fighting waterlogged Lynch Field, may add drainage
- Municipal Authority of Westmoreland County, Youngwood discuss sewage system sale
- Youngwood officials defend rules for rentals
- Witnesses recount Franklin Regional stabbing
- Westmoreland County Judge Regoli has 5 days to decide on whether he’ll ask for recount
- Westmoreland County, Mt. Pleasant Borough officials try to solve Willow parking issue
- Southwest Greensburg council opts to hold line on taxes in 2016
- Sounds of Christmas coming to Fay-West region
- Trio of concerts to mark Greensburg’s holiday season