Police seek 2 con men who robbed Hempfield woman
State police are seeking information on two men who conned an elderly Hempfield Township woman out of a large amount of money Wednesday.
Police said about 2 p.m. two males, believed to be Hispanic, went to the 80-year-old woman's home and told her they were there to do repairs.
“They advised the woman they were with a home warranty insurance company and were going to do roof work,” said Trooper Steve Limani.
Police said when the men entered the home, one distracted the woman and the other took an undisclosed amount of money from the home.
The men left in a green pickup truck with a cap on the back.
Limani said one man is about 5 feet 11 inches tall and in his 50s, while the other is about 5 feet 8 inches tall, has missing teeth, and may be in his 20s. The victim said both spoke broken English.
Anyone with information is asked to telephone state police at (724) 832-3288.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bushy Run Battlefield upgrades to include trail, signs, landscaping
- Historic Greensburg Art Center joins Cat’s Meow collection
- Greensburg police captain to attend highly selective academy
- Youngwood Fire Department to dedicate memorial at station
- Police on hunt for suspects in unrelated Penn Township, Manor cases
- Walker: Applebees to help Jacobs Creek Area Faith in Action
- Families welcome new members on Adoption Day in Westmoreland County
- Westmoreland jail guard accused of selling illegal steroids
- Fall fly-by: Blue Angels stop in Unity to discuss 2015 show
- Jeannette man pleads guilty to attempting to entice child in Louisiana
- Westmoreland County, state AG to get funds from illegal lottery