Former Jeannette man sentenced for claw hammer attack
A former Jeannette man accused of attacking an Irwin man with a claw hammer pleaded guilty to an aggravated assault charge on Tuesday.
David L. Risher, 48, was sentenced by Judge Rita Hathaway to three to six years in a state prison for the Aug. 24, 2013, attack.
Police said Risher hit the 50-year-old man on the head with the claw end of a hammer when the man allegedly refused to leave Risher's apartment.
Risher has been incarcerated since the attack and was credited with about a year of time served.
A concurrent sentence of nine to 23 months in a separate case was imposed on Risher for selling crack cocaine to an undercover officer on Aug. 8, 2013, in Derry. He pleaded guilty on Tuesday to delivery of a controlled substance and possession of a controlled substance in that case.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest
- Hempfield killer Stahl ordered to pay for slain wife’s funeral
- Mt. Pleasant residents voice support for Zilli as borough police chief
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Westmoreland prison online visit program delayed again
- Westmoreland group gets pet oxygen masks for area fire departments
- Penn Township standoff leads to discovery of suspected marijuana growing operation
- Greensburg merchants offer soup for a charitable Claus
- East Huntingdon man, 91, finds 2nd career as a woodworker
- Palmer assistant honored with Latrobe service award