Police look for Derry driver who crashed into house
State police have an arrest warrant for a 25-year-old Derry Township man accused of crashing his pickup truck into a house along Route 217 and fleeing the scene.
Police are seeking Anthony J. Desport of Bradenville in connection with the crash that occurred about 2:10 a.m. Sunday along the 1300 block of the two-lane highway.
Trooper Jacob Jesse reported that Desport was leaving a parking lot attempting to head north on Route 217 when he lost control of his 1997 Ford F-150 pickup truck and crashed into a home directly across the street, causing extensive damage.
No one was injured.
“(Desport) fled the scene on foot,” Jesse reported.
Derry Borough Volunteer Fire Department assisted with the cleanup, Jesse said.
Jesse has charged Desport, who was driving on a DUI-suspended license, with hit and run, abandoning his vehicle on private property, driving under the influence, failng to keep on the right side of the roadway, disregarding traffic lanes, reckless driving, failing to stop and give information and render aid, failing to report the accident to police and providing false information to police.
The warrant was issued by Derry District Judge Mark Bilik.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Three teens injured in one-vehicle crash in Hempfield
- 10 escape Greensburg house fire
- 3 injured in crash that ties up Route 22 in Salem for nearly 8 hours
- Greensburg torture killer Marinucci returns to court seeking lighter sentence
- Rival Westmoreland vape shops develop own specialties
- Unity to decide July 9 on disputed gas station
- St. Vincent professor, students use interviews for drug addiction data
- Mt. Pleasant Borough’s ‘Party in the Park’ to be held Friday, July 3
- Mt Pleasant police officer assaulted while making arrest
- Empty bottles lead police to suspect in Mt. Pleasant Township burglary
- Westmoreland County Community College board approves budget