2 Salem residents accused of abandoning animals
Two Salem residents have been arrested for allegedly abandoning animals in a mobile home without food or water.
State police in Westmoreland County got a call from a resident reporting the abandoned animals — two dogs, two cats and a rat. Upon arrival police said they found the animals inside. The rat was in a cage, and the mobile home was covered in animal feces and had no power.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Identities of theft suspects sought by Penn Township and state police
- Grant program targets 7 Westmoreland County towns, including Greensburg, for revitalization
- Girl, 8, hit by truck in North Irwin, breaks leg
- Westmoreland judge: Contact with advocacy group won’t hamper fairness in drug trial
- 1 injured in Mt. Pleasant Twp. accident
- Latrobe-Unity parks department seeks grant; revamp to cost $112K
- Contract talks to start this week for prison union in Westmoreland
- Mt. Pleasant Scout creates drop box for flag disposal
- At 87, Rostraver man still entertaining polka fans
- Machine operator avoids serious injuries in accident in North Huntingdon
- 2 suspects charged with second robbery in Hempfield