Arnold man sentenced after sexual assault conviction
An Arnold man was sentenced Thursday to 10 to 20 years in a state prison for sexually assaulting a 5-year-old girl.
Omali A. McKay, 28, originally of Trinidad and Tobago, faces a lifetime of registration as a sex offender under Megan's Law. Judge Richard E. McCormick Jr. ordered that McKay have no contact with the victim, her family or any witnesses.
McKay is accused of abusing the girl in May 2011 at an Arnold residence. He was convicted by a jury in June of indecent assault, indecent exposure, criminal solicitation to commit involuntary deviate sexual intercourse on a child and two counts of aggravated indecent assault of a child.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Woman foils robbery attempt in Pleasant Unity
- Cancer fundraiser pays tribute to Donegal man
- Greensburg man, out on bond, ID’d in robbery
- Monessen man gets long prison term, then gets married
- Medical center ‘monstrosity’ near end in Jeannette
- New Geyer Choir hopes to hit high note at Scottdale theater
- 33 from Westmoreland County inducted into state’s Voter Hall of Fame
- Unity day care operator loses appeal of sentence
- Loaded gun found in carry-on at Arnold Palmer airport could cost passenger $7,000
- Westmoreland County commissioner candidates meet up for first debate
- Irwin class helps recovering addicts, families find peace through art