Arnold man sentenced after sexual assault conviction
An Arnold man was sentenced Thursday to 10 to 20 years in a state prison for sexually assaulting a 5-year-old girl.
Omali A. McKay, 28, originally of Trinidad and Tobago, faces a lifetime of registration as a sex offender under Megan's Law. Judge Richard E. McCormick Jr. ordered that McKay have no contact with the victim, her family or any witnesses.
McKay is accused of abusing the girl in May 2011 at an Arnold residence. He was convicted by a jury in June of indecent assault, indecent exposure, criminal solicitation to commit involuntary deviate sexual intercourse on a child and two counts of aggravated indecent assault of a child.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fast-growing Americans for Prosperity opens location in Greensburg
- Previously convicted of embezzlement, Mt. Pleasant postal worker accused of mail theft
- Westmoreland County Courthouse, annex roofs will be given $665K fix
- Police claim woman stabbed husband at their Jeannette business
- Court in the Classroom program provides insight for Norwin High School students
- Ligonier Township planners offer suggested changes to zoning proposal
- Officials plan software upgrade to Westmoreland County emergency dispatching system
- Prosecutors want texts back in Pinkney trial
- Westmoreland County Park Police: Man tried to enter courthouse with gun
- $7.6M buyout at Hempfield prison site clouds sale
- Deputy sheriff seeks top spot in Greensburg office