The Thursday wrap
Published: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
It's possible — possible , mind you — that next week's Republican National Convention could be a very wet affair. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration says early tracking — early, mind you — suggests a tropical storm for the Tampa area for Monday and Tuesday, the first two days of the gathering. Surely some clever vendor already is contemplating T-shirts that read “Obama is all wet.” ... It's confirmed — Vice President Joe Gaffe, er, Biden, will be in Tampa at the start of the GOP gathering. Perhaps the back of those “Obama is all wet” shirts could say “And Biden is even wetter.” ... There they go again: The State Department is, for lack of a better word, Obamaizing its online profiles of foreign countries. That is, State is promoting Barack the Supposedly Great's foreign policy “achievements” (our quotation marks, not the administration's), Fox New reports. What's next to be bastardized, the Constitution? (Some would argue that's already happened.) ... Ha! Another week and another state has told the Obama administration “Nuts to you!” over its illegal freelancing of U.S. immigration laws. First it was Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer who refused to break the law to abet the president's lawbreaking in granting legal IDs to illegal aliens covered under Mr. Obama's quasi-amnesty program. Now, Texas Gov. Rick Perry has called the president's move “a slap in the face to the rule of law” and says that the Lone Star State's immigration laws won't be bent, folded, stapled or mutilated. Hear! Hear!
- Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal
- Kovacevic: It doesn’t have to be this hard
- Pittsburgh police arrest bicyclist after chase through the South Side
- Coast Guard volunteers offer help to ensure boaters stay safe
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Penguins blow late lead, fall to Senators in 2OT
- Knoch teammates take same college path
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
- Tornado churns through Oklahoma City suburbs
- Mt. Washington’s Grandview Avenue isn’t looking so great these days
- Photos: Sewickley Unleashed not just for the dogs
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.