The Thursday wrap
It's possible — possible, mind you — that next week's Republican National Convention could be a very wet affair. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration says early tracking — early, mind you — suggests a tropical storm for the Tampa area for Monday and Tuesday, the first two days of the gathering. Surely some clever vendor already is contemplating T-shirts that read “Obama is all wet.” ... It'sconfirmed — Vice President Joe Gaffe, er, Biden, will be in Tampa at the start of the GOP gathering. Perhaps the back of those “Obama is all wet” shirts could say “And Biden is even wetter.” ... There they go again: The State Department is, for lack of a better word, Obamaizing its online profiles of foreign countries. That is, State is promoting Barack the Supposedly Great's foreign policy “achievements” (our quotation marks, not the administration's), Fox New reports. What's next to be bastardized, the Constitution? (Some would argue that's already happened.) ... Ha! Another week and another state has told the Obama administration “Nuts to you!” over its illegal freelancing of U.S. immigration laws. First it was Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer who refused to break the law to abet the president's lawbreaking in granting legal IDs to illegal aliens covered under Mr. Obama's quasi-amnesty program. Now, Texas Gov. Rick Perry has called the president's move “a slap in the face to the rule of law” and says that the Lone Star State's immigration laws won't be bent, folded, stapled or mutilated. Hear! Hear!
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Agent: Polamalu undecided whether to play in 2015
- Starkey: In defense of Mel Kiper Jr.
- Penguins forwards struggle in loss to Avalanche
- Overnight snowfall plagues public transportation, schools, commuters
- Angry fans cited in shortage of refs in Western Pennsylvania
- Wolf’s Pa. budget plan seen as having almost no chance
- Mt. Lebanon deer-culling corrals sprayed with urine, repellent
- Springdale Twp. police car crashes into veterinary clinic
- Dermatologist led UPMC residency program
- Ice jam wipes out McKeesport’s marina
- 11 Ligonier Township residents rescued by boat from floodwaters