Pat’s full crock
Published: Wednesday, October 3, 2012, 10:55 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Pat's full crock
Perhaps the Trib should consider firing Pat Buchanan as a columnist. His column “Irreconcilable conflict” (Sept. 19 and TribLIVE.com) is a full crock.
He claims our Founders didn't believe in democracy. George Washington could have been the “king” of our new republic, or at least served as president until he died in 1799.
Buchanan assumes the 1.5 billion Muslims in the world will eventually overcome our civilization because our numbers are declining, and a tombstone awaits us.
A tombstone awaits everyone. If we, the USA, wanted to, we could unleash death to everyone in the Middle East in a single day.
If the Muslims could do this to us, they would. Our demise may come from an unwillingness to defend ourselves.
Ronald P. Goebel
- Kovacevic: Do Senators have anything left?
- Rossi: Late-game moves pay off
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- Steelers might be forced to rely on rookies in 2013
- Gulf Tower ‘turns’ red over Pens goals
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Leechburg man takes on busy election season
- Penguins notebook: Spezza will return for Senators in Game 3
- Pirates’ bullpen falters in extra-inning loss to Astros
- High school notebook: Burrell girls 400 relay team is special group
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.