Too hard to believe
Recently, our Libyan consulate was attacked and four Americans, including the U.S. ambassador, were killed. The responses from the Libyan president and President Obama about what sparked the attack were certainly different.
After reading both, I found I believed the Libyan response, despite the Obama administration's assurances about some YouTube video. Now, Obama has finally admitted what most of us already knew: This was a planned attack by Muslim terrorists.
It's disheartening to think that I believed the Libyan president over my own. It's even more disheartening to realize that I was correct in not believing him.
I make no secret that I am a fiscal conservative and I rarely see eye to eye with Obama's policies. Liberals would like people to believe I'm a racist and a bigot because I don't support the president. The reality is that I simply don't believe most of what he says.
I am not going to vote for Obama in November, not because of his skin color, but because he has proven to be a poor leader and an incompetent president. Without the trust of the people, he can never be more than that.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fumbling foreign policy
- Next hurdle for health care likely tax season
- Additional negotiating session fails to resolve threateded East Allegheny strike
- Golf outing a fitting tribute
- Valley edges emotional Burrell team on OT field goal
- Deer Lakes releases info on administrators’ raises
- Burrell, psychologist settle lawsuit
- Late-night fire guts East Deer house; homeowner escapes without injuries
- Quick start fuels Shady Side Academy to opening win
- Police warn of burglaries
- Team, opponents honor player