By The Tribune-Review
Published: Saturday, Oct. 6, 2012, 9:00 p.m.
The people of the Alle-Kiski Valley should start to appreciate and support the Allegheny Valley Hospital.
I've been in other Pittsburgh-area hospitals and none can compare with the caring and helpful people at AVH.
My recent stay was on the orthopedics floor. I had the greatest care from down-to-earth people, including the doctors, nurses, aides, student nurses and their instructors and the housekeeping personnel.
It's time for the people to realize what they have.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Garden Q&A: Firecracker vine OK for trellis?
- Kovacevic: Still waiting on Malkin, Crosby
- Timing right for Armstrong Hall of Fame inductee Perroz
- Shale oil, gas drilling boom wins favor with labor unions, thwarting environmentalists
- Kittanning man part of wrestling show benefitting Ford City Summerfest
- Rossi: Lack of together time showing for Penguins’ defense
- LaBar: Did WWE referee know finish to Undertaker match?
- Fleury a bright spot among struggling Penguins in playoffs
- Mailings from Pa. incumbents to potential new constituents under fire
- Attorney wants lesser term for woman in Greensburg torture death
- Gov. Corbett’s re-election campaign ‘unflappable’ amid challenges, criticism