The people of the Alle-Kiski Valley should start to appreciate and support the Allegheny Valley Hospital.
I've been in other Pittsburgh-area hospitals and none can compare with the caring and helpful people at AVH.
My recent stay was on the orthopedics floor. I had the greatest care from down-to-earth people, including the doctors, nurses, aides, student nurses and their instructors and the housekeeping personnel.
It's time for the people to realize what they have.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates sickened by pic of ‘Jihadi John’ wearing Bucs ball cap
- At Pitt, a chance to make early impression under Narduzzi
- Podiatrist, 6 others charged in prescription painkiller scheme
- Spring Hill woman sentenced to jail for stealing, euthanizing neighbor’s dog
- Man sentenced in meth smuggling scheme
- Charleroi man accused of improper sexual contact with teen
- Earl Lloyd, 1st black player in NBA, dies at 86
- Leonard Nimoy, world famous as Mr. Spock on ‘Star Trek’, dies
- Rossi: Pirates better with Maz on scene
- Trade for Winnik gives Penguins competition among bottom six
- Lincoln tries to rejuvenate career in second stint with Pirates