I recently attended the Connellsville Area School District Hall of Fame banquet sponsored by the Falcon Foundation. I want to commend Robert McLuckey and Andrea Swan and the rest of the committee for a job well done.
The goal of the Falcon Foundation is admirable and one that the community at large should support. In addition, Richard Rosensteel and his staff of high school students did an outstanding job in food preparation, presentation and serving the meals. I owned and operated the Dari-Chef restaurant and the Village Baker for 20 years and would have been more than happy to have hired students from the vocational technical program.
In these times of politically charged and negative stories, it is refreshing to spend an evening that promoted the positive accomplishments of some of our citizens. Congratulations to the Falcon Foundation for helping to enrich the education of Connellsville Area school students. Keep up the good work!
The writer is a former Connellsville resident and businessman.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kittanning’s Bowers changes commitment from Pitt to Penn State
- Pine-Richland’s DiNucci commits to Pitt
- State court blocks release of Penn State emails between Freeh investigators and Attorney General
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Pittsburgh police say officers in video did not use excessive force
- Penguins recall 4 players
- Funeral for Joey Fabus, honorary Bethel Park police officer, draws crowd
- New York City hunkers down as Nor’easter threatens blizzard conditions
- Senate GOP, fired open records director file lawsuit against Wolf
- Arnold woman severely injured in Allegheny Township wreck
- W.Va. natural gas line explodes near Ohio border