I recently attended the Connellsville Area School District Hall of Fame banquet sponsored by the Falcon Foundation. I want to commend Robert McLuckey and Andrea Swan and the rest of the committee for a job well done.
The goal of the Falcon Foundation is admirable and one that the community at large should support. In addition, Richard Rosensteel and his staff of high school students did an outstanding job in food preparation, presentation and serving the meals. I owned and operated the Dari-Chef restaurant and the Village Baker for 20 years and would have been more than happy to have hired students from the vocational technical program.
In these times of politically charged and negative stories, it is refreshing to spend an evening that promoted the positive accomplishments of some of our citizens. Congratulations to the Falcon Foundation for helping to enrich the education of Connellsville Area school students. Keep up the good work!
The writer is a former Connellsville resident and businessman.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McKeesport fatal shooting under investigation
- Treasury’s clampdown on tax inversions takes bite out of share prices
- Rossi: Harrison can lead by talking about past
- Pirates defeat Braves to clinch NL playoff spot for 2nd consecutive season
- Wings coach Babcock does not hide affection for Penguins’ Crosby
- Aging natural gaslines pose hidden threat across U.S.
- CMU researchers track devices that keep healthy lifestyles in reach
- Michael Baker CEO Bergman outlines changes in Pittsburgh-based engineering company
- Penguins blanked at Columbus, 2-0
- Steelers’ Taylor recovering from forearm surgery
- Family inspires designers for Pittsburgh Fashion Week’s 2nd night