I recently attended the Connellsville Area School District Hall of Fame banquet sponsored by the Falcon Foundation. I want to commend Robert McLuckey and Andrea Swan and the rest of the committee for a job well done.
The goal of the Falcon Foundation is admirable and one that the community at large should support. In addition, Richard Rosensteel and his staff of high school students did an outstanding job in food preparation, presentation and serving the meals. I owned and operated the Dari-Chef restaurant and the Village Baker for 20 years and would have been more than happy to have hired students from the vocational technical program.
In these times of politically charged and negative stories, it is refreshing to spend an evening that promoted the positive accomplishments of some of our citizens. Congratulations to the Falcon Foundation for helping to enrich the education of Connellsville Area school students. Keep up the good work!
The writer is a former Connellsville resident and businessman.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Pirates trade Davis to A’s for international signing bonus money
- Pitt notebook: Chryst keeps Panthers motivated amid adversity
- Reality-based networks reaching into scripted TV
- Penn State notebook: Franklin shrugs off special-teams miscues
- North Side rowhouse burns, no injuries
- Pop Culture Q&A: TLC’s ‘Little Couple,’ TNT’s ‘Last Ship’ both slated to return
- 1879 Founders’ Circle Dinner gives preview of Sigo Falk Collections Center
- U.S. proposes extending talks with Iran as pessimism about nuclear deal grows
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Police seek missing Penn Hills man