I recently attended the Connellsville Area School District Hall of Fame banquet sponsored by the Falcon Foundation. I want to commend Robert McLuckey and Andrea Swan and the rest of the committee for a job well done.
The goal of the Falcon Foundation is admirable and one that the community at large should support. In addition, Richard Rosensteel and his staff of high school students did an outstanding job in food preparation, presentation and serving the meals. I owned and operated the Dari-Chef restaurant and the Village Baker for 20 years and would have been more than happy to have hired students from the vocational technical program.
In these times of politically charged and negative stories, it is refreshing to spend an evening that promoted the positive accomplishments of some of our citizens. Congratulations to the Falcon Foundation for helping to enrich the education of Connellsville Area school students. Keep up the good work!
The writer is a former Connellsville resident and businessman.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Large-scale batteries are integral in shift to renewable energy
- All signs positive for Pitt junior forward Johnson
- Pitt’s defense has not rested in post-Donald era
- Water process eyed for 2 parks in Allegheny County
- Pitt students clean up Mon Valley neighborhoods for annual service day