Published: Friday, October 12, 2012, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
I recently attended the Connellsville Area School District Hall of Fame banquet sponsored by the Falcon Foundation. I want to commend Robert McLuckey and Andrea Swan and the rest of the committee for a job well done.
The goal of the Falcon Foundation is admirable and one that the community at large should support. In addition, Richard Rosensteel and his staff of high school students did an outstanding job in food preparation, presentation and serving the meals. I owned and operated the Dari-Chef restaurant and the Village Baker for 20 years and would have been more than happy to have hired students from the vocational technical program.
In these times of politically charged and negative stories, it is refreshing to spend an evening that promoted the positive accomplishments of some of our citizens. Congratulations to the Falcon Foundation for helping to enrich the education of Connellsville Area school students. Keep up the good work!
The writer is a former Connellsville resident and businessman.
- Ribbon, wristband solemn reminders for Penguins coach Bylsma
- Penguins GM Shero: ‘Whole idea’ was improvement during playoffs
- Key acquisitions have Penguins primed for run to Stanley Cup
- Robinson: Steelers rookie Wheaton could be impact receiver
- Penguins to face Bruins in Eastern Conference final
- Veteran Clark envisions finishing career as a member of Steelers
- Marijuana supporters rally at the Point
- Starkey: Pirates’ Huntington never looked so good
- Shortfalls of student visa system in spotlight after Boston bombing
- Police seek suspect in Derry Twp. exposure incident
- Winfield Township places liens on 33 properties to secure sewer tap-in fees
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.