I recently attended the Connellsville Area School District Hall of Fame banquet sponsored by the Falcon Foundation. I want to commend Robert McLuckey and Andrea Swan and the rest of the committee for a job well done.
The goal of the Falcon Foundation is admirable and one that the community at large should support. In addition, Richard Rosensteel and his staff of high school students did an outstanding job in food preparation, presentation and serving the meals. I owned and operated the Dari-Chef restaurant and the Village Baker for 20 years and would have been more than happy to have hired students from the vocational technical program.
In these times of politically charged and negative stories, it is refreshing to spend an evening that promoted the positive accomplishments of some of our citizens. Congratulations to the Falcon Foundation for helping to enrich the education of Connellsville Area school students. Keep up the good work!
The writer is a former Connellsville resident and businessman.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tarentum restaurant closes to repair brick damage
- Thousands attend Vandergrift Light-Up Night, Christmas parade
- Hempfield Area High School senior Richason creates Before I Die wall in Greensburg
- Mirai debut brings fuel cell future closer
- Trib real estate writer Spatter ‘worked right to the end’
- Artists fill Valley home for one-day ‘Handmade Christmas’ sale
- In Steelers-Saints game, all eyes on Brown-Lewis matchup
- Bridge over Youghiogheny River coming into downtown Connellsville is renamed
- Steelers notebook: Defense has a retro feel
- Salvation Army in W.Pa. uses social media campaign
- Area show to feature legends