I recently attended the Connellsville Area School District Hall of Fame banquet sponsored by the Falcon Foundation. I want to commend Robert McLuckey and Andrea Swan and the rest of the committee for a job well done.
The goal of the Falcon Foundation is admirable and one that the community at large should support. In addition, Richard Rosensteel and his staff of high school students did an outstanding job in food preparation, presentation and serving the meals. I owned and operated the Dari-Chef restaurant and the Village Baker for 20 years and would have been more than happy to have hired students from the vocational technical program.
In these times of politically charged and negative stories, it is refreshing to spend an evening that promoted the positive accomplishments of some of our citizens. Congratulations to the Falcon Foundation for helping to enrich the education of Connellsville Area school students. Keep up the good work!
The writer is a former Connellsville resident and businessman.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Legally blind Pirates fan hangs on every play, has kept score for decades
- Pirates, Worley edge Brewers, 1-0, move to cusp of playoffs
- Penguins forward Megna’s skill set might be perfect fit
- Pirates notebook: Bucs set single-season attendance record
- Teachers’ roles evolve as districts rely more on computers
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo hopes to give team physical edge
- State Dems take back seat to political committee in gubernatorial election
- Inside the glass: Penguins’ Martin, Ehrhoff look comfortable together
- Pitt professor’s UV technology destined for Mars in 2020
- Fans sporting black and gold show up for Steelers game in Charlotte
- Health department sets 1st of 13 public meetings