Here they come again — those unwelcome, intrusive, pesky, invading and infiltrating stink bugs that slyly and skillfully permeate every nook and cranny of your home and earn their name when physically thwarted and provoked. Darned if they don't remind me of liberal “progressives” intrusively moving “Forward” with their overtly grandiose plan of “social justice” and “spreading the wealth,” slyly masking a covert strategy of implanting socialism.
These stink bugs with ulterior motives have gradually but surely and subtly permeated our schools, churches, labor unions, media and government. And like actual stink bugs, when rebuked or confronted with any commonsense opposition, they stage obnoxious demonstrations of mob protest, raising a lot of stink.
Often quoted is long-ago Socialist Party presidential candidate Norman Thomas, who forecast that “one day America will be a socialist nation without knowing it happened.” Just as it's the duty of homeowners to protect their homes from stink bugs, it is, as Thomas Paine said, “the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt students clean up Mon Valley neighborhoods for annual service day
- North Versailles Township commissioner opposes closing Green Valley Primary School
- ReClaim McKeesport ambassadors transform vacant lot
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Large-scale batteries are integral in shift to renewable energy
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Cookies for Our Troops marches on
- Ebola watch lists to shrink
- Hax: Student wants to shift gears
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap