Here they come again — those unwelcome, intrusive, pesky, invading and infiltrating stink bugs that slyly and skillfully permeate every nook and cranny of your home and earn their name when physically thwarted and provoked. Darned if they don't remind me of liberal “progressives” intrusively moving “Forward” with their overtly grandiose plan of “social justice” and “spreading the wealth,” slyly masking a covert strategy of implanting socialism.
These stink bugs with ulterior motives have gradually but surely and subtly permeated our schools, churches, labor unions, media and government. And like actual stink bugs, when rebuked or confronted with any commonsense opposition, they stage obnoxious demonstrations of mob protest, raising a lot of stink.
Often quoted is long-ago Socialist Party presidential candidate Norman Thomas, who forecast that “one day America will be a socialist nation without knowing it happened.” Just as it's the duty of homeowners to protect their homes from stink bugs, it is, as Thomas Paine said, “the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 71-year-old among 2 charged in several Pittsburgh area burglaries
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Lambo no longer in limbo with Pirates
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- New Kensington residents vent anger at council meeting
- Pitt well-stocked along offensive line
- Pair share love of dance with youths in Fayette, Westmoreland
- Wainwright, Cardinals rough up Locke in 6-4 victory over Pirates
- State police probe trooper’s arrest at Pittsburgh wedding
- New Allegheny Valley Joint Sewage Authority manager welcomes challenge
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount