Here they come again — those unwelcome, intrusive, pesky, invading and infiltrating stink bugs that slyly and skillfully permeate every nook and cranny of your home and earn their name when physically thwarted and provoked. Darned if they don't remind me of liberal “progressives” intrusively moving “Forward” with their overtly grandiose plan of “social justice” and “spreading the wealth,” slyly masking a covert strategy of implanting socialism.
These stink bugs with ulterior motives have gradually but surely and subtly permeated our schools, churches, labor unions, media and government. And like actual stink bugs, when rebuked or confronted with any commonsense opposition, they stage obnoxious demonstrations of mob protest, raising a lot of stink.
Often quoted is long-ago Socialist Party presidential candidate Norman Thomas, who forecast that “one day America will be a socialist nation without knowing it happened.” Just as it's the duty of homeowners to protect their homes from stink bugs, it is, as Thomas Paine said, “the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hunting creates strong bonds, traditions
- Unexected snow squalls bring icy conditions, accidents in West Mifflin
- Sentencing delayed for Operation Pork Chop mastermind
- For some Pennsylvania candidates, 2015 is already here
- Trib real estate writer Spatter ‘worked right to the end’
- Elizabeth council honors actions of 2 emergency responders
- McKeesport’s Minerva’s Bakery to be featured on Sebak’s documentary
- Salvation Army in W.Pa. uses social media campaign
- In Steelers-Saints game, all eyes on Brown-Lewis matchup
- Steelers notebook: Defense has a retro feel
- Thousands attend Vandergrift Light-Up Night, Christmas parade