By The Tribune-Review
Published: Sunday, Oct. 7, 2012, 8:57 p.m.
Here they come again — those unwelcome, intrusive, pesky, invading and infiltrating stink bugs that slyly and skillfully permeate every nook and cranny of your home and earn their name when physically thwarted and provoked. Darned if they don't remind me of liberal “progressives” intrusively moving “Forward” with their overtly grandiose plan of “social justice” and “spreading the wealth,” slyly masking a covert strategy of implanting socialism.
These stink bugs with ulterior motives have gradually but surely and subtly permeated our schools, churches, labor unions, media and government. And like actual stink bugs, when rebuked or confronted with any commonsense opposition, they stage obnoxious demonstrations of mob protest, raising a lot of stink.
Often quoted is long-ago Socialist Party presidential candidate Norman Thomas, who forecast that “one day America will be a socialist nation without knowing it happened.” Just as it's the duty of homeowners to protect their homes from stink bugs, it is, as Thomas Paine said, “the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- West Mifflin business joins forces with East Allegheny students
- Prescription Drug Take Back Day to be observed locally
- Local Episcopal priest sentenced in child pornography case
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Photo gallery: Springsteen brings ‘High Hopes’ to Consol Energy Center
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records
- Shots fired, Monessen house hit on S. 14th St.
- Elizabeth council seeks $500,000 state gaming grant to aid flood recovery
- Democrats consider Pittsburgh for 2016 national convention
- Eddie Merlot’s steakhouse attracts with menu, wines, decor