Hate in America
Over the years I have received about 3,000 right-wing emails and about 10 left-wing emails. The right-wing emails are usually hateful, vile and full of malicious lies — President Obama is a Muslim, he wasn't born in America, he doesn't salute the flag, he was sworn in on the Quran, he bought a prayer rug and secretly passed a 1-percent tax on all bank transactions.
But lies are what haters want to believe.
Fox News has said repeatedly our economy is going to collapse, but the Dow is up over 100 percent over its low in early 2009.
The other day, a friend's two daughters went to visit a relative who belongs to the tea party. When the girls came home, they said, “We have to get brownie out of office.”
I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard the president called the N-word by so-called Christians. People listen to Rush Limbaugh like he's a prophet, but he preaches hate day after day.
Regardless of who is president, as an American I want that person to succeed. It's a shame so many people don't feel the same way.
We worry about other nations and extremist Muslims who hate Americans, but the extreme right seems to hate 47 percent of Americans.
Hate is alive in America by a 3,000 to 10 margin.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Stocks slammed as manufacturing slows in U.S., abroad
- Nutting says Pirates may ‘stretch’ for Martin
- Enterovirus D68 case confirmed in southwestern Pennsylvania
- Consol Energy cutting retiree health benefits, phasing out pension
- NFL notebook: Ravens receiver Smith Sr. says he was ‘stabbed in back’ by Panthers
- Donetsk rattled by explosions; airport at risk
- City wants Leon Ford’s federal lawsuit put on hold
- Connellsville Township VFD given $61,750 Homeland Security grant
- News Alert
- Jobs on state website include ‘private party dancing,’ ‘car dates’
- News Alert