AVH: More Indians
Published: Thursday, October 11, 2012, 9:01 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
AVH: More Indians
The bailout of the West Penn Allegheny Health System needs to be resolved. WPAHS should merge with UPMC, weed out the top brass, consolidate services and hire more nurses.
As a former employee and/or patient, I have nothing but praise for the employees at Allegheny Valley Hospital in Harrison.
The nursing staff is always short-handed, but the nurses strive to give the best care possible. They often even stay after their shifts to finish their paperwork. The nurses aides are overworked too.
I have been in units where a call for a nurse or aide is answered quickly; other times it can be several minutes before a response. With so many patients — many who require special care and time — the staff is stretched thin.
There are too many overpaid chiefs and not enough Indians at Allegheny Valley. Changes are needed soon or the hospital may be forced into bankruptcy.
Regis W. Brucker Sr.
- Tunisian security blocks radical Islamists’ conference
- Senators notebook: Big cheers for little hero Pageau
- Penguins notebook: Vitale a no-go
- North Korea fires projectile into eastern waters, 4th test in 2 days
- 2 men arrested in killing of teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Officer shot in Boston showdown wants to work
- Pakistan repeats vote despite killing
- Scandals intrude on Massachusetts race
- Stay out of Conn., governor pleads, saying commute to be snarled for week
- Israel favors interim deal with Palestinians
- Yahoo to buy Tumblr in $1.1B cash deal
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.