I am currently deployed to Afghanistan. I had a phone call from my mother, Norma Francy, and she told me about her trip to the post office to mail out a care package for me and my Marines.
To make this short and sweet, I would like to say “thank you” to the woman who paid for my package to be sent once she found out why and to whom my mother was sending it. This act of kindness happened at the post office in Mt. Pleasant.
It's nice to know there are great people within our community who care even if they don't know someone. This type of kindness goes a long way. Once again, thank you, ma'am, for your unselfishness!
Sgt. Jamie L. Rihn
The writer, a South Connellsville native, is serving with Marine Wing Support Squadron 373 at Camp Leatherneck/Camp Bastion in Helmand Province, Afghanistan.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Arnold man charged after 20-mile chase
- Business roundup: SEC fines Bank of America $7.65M for miscalculation; court-ordered anti-smoking ads challenged; more
- McKeesport park to get more regional asset funds
- Gunfire plagues New Kensington
- Penguins notebook: Wild beat Pens behind Pominville’s hat trick
- Some La. hospitals bill rape victims; legislators vow to end policy
- Mental health facility won’t take Franklin Regional stabbing suspect as patient
- Home brew returns
- Manhunt for trooper slaying suspect won’t keep deer hunters from woods in bow season
- Falcons to host ‘Kitty Cat Game’
- Coping with kids: Loads of things to make with help of author Flower