I am currently deployed to Afghanistan. I had a phone call from my mother, Norma Francy, and she told me about her trip to the post office to mail out a care package for me and my Marines.
To make this short and sweet, I would like to say “thank you” to the woman who paid for my package to be sent once she found out why and to whom my mother was sending it. This act of kindness happened at the post office in Mt. Pleasant.
It's nice to know there are great people within our community who care even if they don't know someone. This type of kindness goes a long way. Once again, thank you, ma'am, for your unselfishness!
Sgt. Jamie L. Rihn
The writer, a South Connellsville native, is serving with Marine Wing Support Squadron 373 at Camp Leatherneck/Camp Bastion in Helmand Province, Afghanistan.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hays ‘eagle cams’ reinstalled for 2015 nesting season
- Penguins’ Crosby details his mumps experience
- Starkey: Pederson had to go at Pitt
- West Virginia offensive coordinator takes job with Kentucky
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- Judge dismisses littering charge against City Council president Kraus
- Chryst returns home, named football coach at Wisconsin
- Developer reveals Buncher plans for 400 Strip District apartments, townhomes
- Arnold Stop-n-Go robbed
- QB Smith is chief concern for Steelers’ defense
- In Pittsburgh charges, feds target Uganda-based counterfeiting ring