I am currently deployed to Afghanistan. I had a phone call from my mother, Norma Francy, and she told me about her trip to the post office to mail out a care package for me and my Marines.
To make this short and sweet, I would like to say “thank you” to the woman who paid for my package to be sent once she found out why and to whom my mother was sending it. This act of kindness happened at the post office in Mt. Pleasant.
It's nice to know there are great people within our community who care even if they don't know someone. This type of kindness goes a long way. Once again, thank you, ma'am, for your unselfishness!
Sgt. Jamie L. Rihn
The writer, a South Connellsville native, is serving with Marine Wing Support Squadron 373 at Camp Leatherneck/Camp Bastion in Helmand Province, Afghanistan.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Pirates must land Lester
- Wiz Khalifa’s life not the same, but he’s still having fun
- Steelers notebook: Brown calls Sanders’ comments about Roethlisberger ‘terrible’
- Steelers hold high hopes for pass defense
- U.S. Steel looks to expand its Research & Technology Center in Munhall
- Pirates notebook: Trade rumors for Red Sox pitcher Lester still swirling
- Joe Greene only 2nd player in Steelers history to get number retired
- After years of lobbying, Big Ben has Steelers running the no-huddle
- ‘Bangerz’ tour a long way from ‘Hannah Montana’ for Miley Cyrus
- Beloved teacher at 3 Western Pa. schools hears from students across nation
- Fire causes Blairsville bar to collapse, flames spread to neighboring building