Published: Saturday, October 6, 2012, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
I am currently deployed to Afghanistan. I had a phone call from my mother, Norma Francy, and she told me about her trip to the post office to mail out a care package for me and my Marines.
To make this short and sweet, I would like to say “thank you” to the woman who paid for my package to be sent once she found out why and to whom my mother was sending it. This act of kindness happened at the post office in Mt. Pleasant.
It's nice to know there are great people within our community who care even if they don't know someone. This type of kindness goes a long way. Once again, thank you, ma'am, for your unselfishness!
Sgt. Jamie L. Rihn
The writer, a South Connellsville native, is serving with Marine Wing Support Squadron 373 at Camp Leatherneck/Camp Bastion in Helmand Province, Afghanistan.
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pitt gets commits from QB, local RB
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Morton, quick start propel Pirates past Reds
- Bethel Park offensive lineman Grimm picks Pitt
- Plan for Greensburg loft apartments receives approval
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Highmark to extend self-insurance plans to small businesses
- Pitt research facility dedicated in Hill District
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.