I am currently deployed to Afghanistan. I had a phone call from my mother, Norma Francy, and she told me about her trip to the post office to mail out a care package for me and my Marines.
To make this short and sweet, I would like to say “thank you” to the woman who paid for my package to be sent once she found out why and to whom my mother was sending it. This act of kindness happened at the post office in Mt. Pleasant.
It's nice to know there are great people within our community who care even if they don't know someone. This type of kindness goes a long way. Once again, thank you, ma'am, for your unselfishness!
Sgt. Jamie L. Rihn
The writer, a South Connellsville native, is serving with Marine Wing Support Squadron 373 at Camp Leatherneck/Camp Bastion in Helmand Province, Afghanistan.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Plum superintendent says lack of school tip line was ‘oversight’
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Police: Woman, 18, pretended to be student, assaulted Perry principal
- Banshee trailer featuring Vandergrift released
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- Downtown Pittsburgh Macy’s donates bits of history
- Pirates notebook: Fastball command issues hurt Cole against Cubs
- Kennametal HQ relocation rankles Westmoreland County business leadership
- Guns, drugs recovered during raid in Wilkinsburg
- Hydrangeas flower year after year with proper care, placement, feeding