I am currently deployed to Afghanistan. I had a phone call from my mother, Norma Francy, and she told me about her trip to the post office to mail out a care package for me and my Marines.
To make this short and sweet, I would like to say “thank you” to the woman who paid for my package to be sent once she found out why and to whom my mother was sending it. This act of kindness happened at the post office in Mt. Pleasant.
It's nice to know there are great people within our community who care even if they don't know someone. This type of kindness goes a long way. Once again, thank you, ma'am, for your unselfishness!
Sgt. Jamie L. Rihn
The writer, a South Connellsville native, is serving with Marine Wing Support Squadron 373 at Camp Leatherneck/Camp Bastion in Helmand Province, Afghanistan.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Panthers fall to Hawaii in game they were expected to win
- Crowds pack Downtown Pittsburgh to enjoy Light Up Night festivities
- Kittanning Light Up Night a celebration of holiday spirit, bittersweet endings
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- Police probe Kittanning Cemetery scam
- Health Center could reopen after court ruling
- Woman admits to theft of 2 weapons in Latrobe shooting case
- Kettle drive in need of miracle work
- Christmas in the Park takes place Saturday in Connellsville
- 6 injured in speakeasy shooting in Clairton
- Pennsylvania legislative leader Costa blasts suggestion of session before Wolf sworn in as governor