I am currently deployed to Afghanistan. I had a phone call from my mother, Norma Francy, and she told me about her trip to the post office to mail out a care package for me and my Marines.
To make this short and sweet, I would like to say “thank you” to the woman who paid for my package to be sent once she found out why and to whom my mother was sending it. This act of kindness happened at the post office in Mt. Pleasant.
It's nice to know there are great people within our community who care even if they don't know someone. This type of kindness goes a long way. Once again, thank you, ma'am, for your unselfishness!
Sgt. Jamie L. Rihn
The writer, a South Connellsville native, is serving with Marine Wing Support Squadron 373 at Camp Leatherneck/Camp Bastion in Helmand Province, Afghanistan.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trib 30 index surpasses August high
- In Steelers-Saints game, all eyes on Brown-Lewis matchup
- Pittsburgh councilwoman proposes rules for protecting dogs from extreme weather
- Connellsville girls basketball looks for returners to be leaders in 2014-15
- Trib real estate writer Spatter ‘worked right to the end’
- Knoch boys deal with early-season injury
- Knoch girls putting focus on defensive end
- Season of change on tap for South Allegheny boys basketball
- Carnegie boy with rare gene mutation enjoys 1st Penguins game
- Led by Whitehead’s 4 TDs, Central Valley cruises into PIAA semifinals
- Cash-strapped Pittsburgh Public Schools to sponsor holiday parade