Hardly a Republican
Hardly a Republican
The first observation I would make about Rich Voller, writer of the letter “Drop ‘gotcha,' Mitt” (Oct. 1 and TribLIVE.com), is that there is no way he is “a lifelong Republican.” No Republican would have voted for Obama-Biden the first time, let alone would choose to give him four more years.
Why? Start with their Big Government top-down economic policies, promotion of class envy/warfare, nonexistent foreign policy, overt enmity toward domestic oil and coal producers or their silence on viable nuclear energy. How about a Justice Department that picks and chooses which laws to enforce, or the Department of Health and Human Services, which thinks it can raise our children better than we can?
For the legion of Obama's “Walking Dead,” it's all George W. Bush's fault. I don't care what Bush did six or eight years ago. I care about the damage inflicted upon our republic regularly by this current feel-good, quasi-socialist administration. Obama and the Dems had complete control of government for two years and accomplished nothing outside of their ill-considered and unpopular health care legislation.
The facts speak for themselves but seem to have a pesky habit of clouding one's view when wearing rose-colored glasses. I'd better stop now, while those blissful souls such as Mr. Voller think they're still ahead.
Tom Kunsak Jr.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reports include ‘aliens’ as origin of Russian holes
- Starkey: Would one big move kill Pirates’ future?
- Pirates inquire about Red Sox LHP Lester
- Chevron puts Moon HQ plans on hold
- Albert Gallatin bus driver pleads guilty to sexual assault
- Adelphoi resident charged as adult in Latrobe assault
- Pennsylvania sued by U.S. over police fitness tests
- UPMC wants lawsuit tossed in Shick case
- Police: Westmoreland women stole thousands to pay for dog show hobby
- Surgeon general echoes warnings about skin cancer
- Former walk-ons may lose scholarships under Penn State’s Franklin