Hardly a Republican
Hardly a Republican
The first observation I would make about Rich Voller, writer of the letter “Drop ‘gotcha,' Mitt” (Oct. 1 and TribLIVE.com), is that there is no way he is “a lifelong Republican.” No Republican would have voted for Obama-Biden the first time, let alone would choose to give him four more years.
Why? Start with their Big Government top-down economic policies, promotion of class envy/warfare, nonexistent foreign policy, overt enmity toward domestic oil and coal producers or their silence on viable nuclear energy. How about a Justice Department that picks and chooses which laws to enforce, or the Department of Health and Human Services, which thinks it can raise our children better than we can?
For the legion of Obama's “Walking Dead,” it's all George W. Bush's fault. I don't care what Bush did six or eight years ago. I care about the damage inflicted upon our republic regularly by this current feel-good, quasi-socialist administration. Obama and the Dems had complete control of government for two years and accomplished nothing outside of their ill-considered and unpopular health care legislation.
The facts speak for themselves but seem to have a pesky habit of clouding one's view when wearing rose-colored glasses. I'd better stop now, while those blissful souls such as Mr. Voller think they're still ahead.
Tom Kunsak Jr.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McCord to plead guilty to federal charges from campaign fundraising
- Pirates sign 2 to minor league deals
- Pittsburgh mayor denies ethics investigation into his ‘Undercover Boss’ performance
- Monessen woman dies in truck-car crash on Route 51 in Fayette County
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- Sale of Deflategate chocolate football nets $20K for charity
- Police say couple in Oakland murder-suicide had ‘troubled’ relationship
- Crash closes Pittsburgh Street in Springdale
- Penguins’ Ehrhoff being tested for concussion
- Charge dropped against former Steeler Blount after community service
- 5-year-old boy needed for ‘Let It Snow’ role