Hardly a Republican
Hardly a Republican
The first observation I would make about Rich Voller, writer of the letter “Drop ‘gotcha,' Mitt” (Oct. 1 and TribLIVE.com), is that there is no way he is “a lifelong Republican.” No Republican would have voted for Obama-Biden the first time, let alone would choose to give him four more years.
Why? Start with their Big Government top-down economic policies, promotion of class envy/warfare, nonexistent foreign policy, overt enmity toward domestic oil and coal producers or their silence on viable nuclear energy. How about a Justice Department that picks and chooses which laws to enforce, or the Department of Health and Human Services, which thinks it can raise our children better than we can?
For the legion of Obama's “Walking Dead,” it's all George W. Bush's fault. I don't care what Bush did six or eight years ago. I care about the damage inflicted upon our republic regularly by this current feel-good, quasi-socialist administration. Obama and the Dems had complete control of government for two years and accomplished nothing outside of their ill-considered and unpopular health care legislation.
The facts speak for themselves but seem to have a pesky habit of clouding one's view when wearing rose-colored glasses. I'd better stop now, while those blissful souls such as Mr. Voller think they're still ahead.
Tom Kunsak Jr.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Moon area pediatrician found dead in country club lake
- Pitt’s Narduzzi names 4 captains
- LaBar: The upgrade of The Wyatt Family in WWE
- Trib Total Media puts 9 Western Pa. newspapers up for sale
- Penn State to face Idaho to open 2019 season
- Starkey: Steelers stopping themselves with suspensions
- Federal judge does not order removal of Ten Commandments monument from Connellsville school
- Heyl: Vick haters’ Facebook bark much worse than their protest’s bite
- Nonprofit hospital titan UPMC’s income eclipses record
- Moon teacher settles lawsuit against online university
- Science Center admission free on Saturday