Hardly a Republican
Hardly a Republican
The first observation I would make about Rich Voller, writer of the letter “Drop ‘gotcha,' Mitt” (Oct. 1 and TribLIVE.com), is that there is no way he is “a lifelong Republican.” No Republican would have voted for Obama-Biden the first time, let alone would choose to give him four more years.
Why? Start with their Big Government top-down economic policies, promotion of class envy/warfare, nonexistent foreign policy, overt enmity toward domestic oil and coal producers or their silence on viable nuclear energy. How about a Justice Department that picks and chooses which laws to enforce, or the Department of Health and Human Services, which thinks it can raise our children better than we can?
For the legion of Obama's “Walking Dead,” it's all George W. Bush's fault. I don't care what Bush did six or eight years ago. I care about the damage inflicted upon our republic regularly by this current feel-good, quasi-socialist administration. Obama and the Dems had complete control of government for two years and accomplished nothing outside of their ill-considered and unpopular health care legislation.
The facts speak for themselves but seem to have a pesky habit of clouding one's view when wearing rose-colored glasses. I'd better stop now, while those blissful souls such as Mr. Voller think they're still ahead.
Tom Kunsak Jr.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- Mon Valley called ‘ground zero’ for blight
- Pirates’ Melancon has been consistent since moving into closer’s role
- Aliquippa father is charged by Beaver County DA in girls’ dresser death
- Well-traveled Clemons trying to find home with Carolina Panthers
- Steel Valley area youth attend water camp
- Truck crashes into Dairy Queen, 6 injured in Penn Hills
- Amazon.com distribution center planned for Pittsburgh’s West End
- 2014 has been among deadliest for the world’s airline industry