Not better off
We are at a critical time regarding the future of this country. Right now, with the national debt around $16 trillion, each citizen's share (assuming a population of around 320 million) is about $50,000 — for every man, woman and child in this country. And that is on top of the taxes we already pay.
If President Obama is re-elected, I am afraid we will sink much further into debt, digging a hole that we will never be able to get out of.
He plans on cutting the military as well as our stockpile of nuclear weapons. I am guessing that other countries, other nuclear powers, have no similar plans.
Now, what happens should the unthinkable occur? We will not be able to defend our own country, let alone any of our allies. We will not be able to secure our borders.
Under his watch, we have seen our credit rating reduced and our currency lose value. We have lost the respect of other nations.
Our position as a world power has diminished. Ask yourself if you want to live in an uncertain world and if you want your children and their children to live in such a world. Ask yourself if you are better off. I know I am not.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- D.C. charges woman over armed protest
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- Pitt beats Syracuse, snaps 3-game losing streak
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise
- Shooting victims live with bullets to survive, thrive
- Leak of grand jury information could cost Attorney General Kane
- Freezing rain hits Western Pennsylvania, many accidents reported