Not better off
We are at a critical time regarding the future of this country. Right now, with the national debt around $16 trillion, each citizen's share (assuming a population of around 320 million) is about $50,000 — for every man, woman and child in this country. And that is on top of the taxes we already pay.
If President Obama is re-elected, I am afraid we will sink much further into debt, digging a hole that we will never be able to get out of.
He plans on cutting the military as well as our stockpile of nuclear weapons. I am guessing that other countries, other nuclear powers, have no similar plans.
Now, what happens should the unthinkable occur? We will not be able to defend our own country, let alone any of our allies. We will not be able to secure our borders.
Under his watch, we have seen our credit rating reduced and our currency lose value. We have lost the respect of other nations.
Our position as a world power has diminished. Ask yourself if you want to live in an uncertain world and if you want your children and their children to live in such a world. Ask yourself if you are better off. I know I am not.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ defense unfazed by noise, believes in potential
- Dormont man missing since Wednesday found dead at Station Square
- Ryan tosses 1-hitter as Hempfield wins 3rd WPIAL championship
- Police: Man riding bike in New Kensington strikes truck, dies
- LaBar: Future of Rusey in WWE critical
- Penguins notebook: After reinterpreting rule, draft pick sought for Bylsma’s hiring
- Women’s resale boutique in Ross channels profits to animal charities
- Man uninjured after leap from Hulton Bridge
- Comedian to headline Go Red for Women event in Pittsburgh
- Healthy defensive back Mitchell eager for 2nd season with Steelers
- Fashion FYI: RAW: Pittsburgh brings Splendor to Millvale