Bringing back the president
Top 10 reasons to re-elect President Obama:
1. Killed Osama bin Laden
2. Stopped the economic free fall, added jobs and rebuilt infrastructure, countering Republican economic policies and the Wall Street bandits that resulted in the worst economic calamity since the Depression.
3. The Affordable Care Act provides for 30 million uninsured Americans, closes the “donut hole” in the Medicare Prescription program, ends the denial of coverage for pre-existing conditions and extends coverage for children up to age 26 under their parent's policies.
4. Ended an unnecessary war in Iraq.
5. Foreign policy has mended fences worldwide, countering the GOP's “Go It Alone” xenophobia.
6. Liberated Libya without American casualties and, unlike Mitt Romney, won't send troops to Syria and Iran.
7. Energy program increased domestic drilling for oil and natural gas, while doubling sustainable (wind, solar, bio-fuel) energy sources for our future.
8. Saved the American auto industry, which Romney would have “Bained” to death.
9. Provides tax returns. Where are Romney's? Has he paid his fair share?
10. President Obama “pulled himself up by his boot straps,” which has enabled him to understand the struggles of the poor, the unemployed and the middle class, while Romney was born with a silver spoon in his mouth that has left him clueless about ordinary people.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- Rollover crash kills 1 in Plum
- 6 shot at Clairton speakeasy; police seek suspects
- Starkey: Pens move on with, without Dupuis
- School bus accident in Pleasant Hills sends 3 to the hospital
- Pennsylvania unemployment rate drops to six-year low
- Pirates cut ties with Davis, clearing path for Alvarez to play first base
- Philadelphia hospital evaluating patient for Ebola
- No one hurt during Butler Township convenience store robbery
- Slain FBI agent Dixon’s legacy lives on in Pittsburgh Field Office, 10K race fundraiser