Bringing back the president
Top 10 reasons to re-elect President Obama:
1. Killed Osama bin Laden
2. Stopped the economic free fall, added jobs and rebuilt infrastructure, countering Republican economic policies and the Wall Street bandits that resulted in the worst economic calamity since the Depression.
3. The Affordable Care Act provides for 30 million uninsured Americans, closes the “donut hole” in the Medicare Prescription program, ends the denial of coverage for pre-existing conditions and extends coverage for children up to age 26 under their parent's policies.
4. Ended an unnecessary war in Iraq.
5. Foreign policy has mended fences worldwide, countering the GOP's “Go It Alone” xenophobia.
6. Liberated Libya without American casualties and, unlike Mitt Romney, won't send troops to Syria and Iran.
7. Energy program increased domestic drilling for oil and natural gas, while doubling sustainable (wind, solar, bio-fuel) energy sources for our future.
8. Saved the American auto industry, which Romney would have “Bained” to death.
9. Provides tax returns. Where are Romney's? Has he paid his fair share?
10. President Obama “pulled himself up by his boot straps,” which has enabled him to understand the struggles of the poor, the unemployed and the middle class, while Romney was born with a silver spoon in his mouth that has left him clueless about ordinary people.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New Steeler Boykin clarifies remarks about former coach
- Zimbabwe alleges Murrysville doctor illegally killed lion
- Bucs’ starter Burnett says ‘surgery is not an option’
- After early criticism, Haley has Steelers offense poised to be even better
- Former Lincoln Park star Rowan chooses N.C. State
- EPA diktats: Pushing back
- Steelers swap draft pick for Eagles cornerback
- Rossi: Looking at the next great Steeler
- Penguins not alone in top-heavy approach to salary cap
- Ability to clog the trenches crucial to Steelers defense
- Starting 9: Examining Pirates’ deadline decisions