Bringing back the president
Top 10 reasons to re-elect President Obama:
1. Killed Osama bin Laden
2. Stopped the economic free fall, added jobs and rebuilt infrastructure, countering Republican economic policies and the Wall Street bandits that resulted in the worst economic calamity since the Depression.
3. The Affordable Care Act provides for 30 million uninsured Americans, closes the “donut hole” in the Medicare Prescription program, ends the denial of coverage for pre-existing conditions and extends coverage for children up to age 26 under their parent's policies.
4. Ended an unnecessary war in Iraq.
5. Foreign policy has mended fences worldwide, countering the GOP's “Go It Alone” xenophobia.
6. Liberated Libya without American casualties and, unlike Mitt Romney, won't send troops to Syria and Iran.
7. Energy program increased domestic drilling for oil and natural gas, while doubling sustainable (wind, solar, bio-fuel) energy sources for our future.
8. Saved the American auto industry, which Romney would have “Bained” to death.
9. Provides tax returns. Where are Romney's? Has he paid his fair share?
10. President Obama “pulled himself up by his boot straps,” which has enabled him to understand the struggles of the poor, the unemployed and the middle class, while Romney was born with a silver spoon in his mouth that has left him clueless about ordinary people.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NASA’s Maven explorer arriving at Mars year-long trek
- Former Titans kicker Bironas killed in accident
- Penguins’ Rutherford hopes to raise Cup again
- Pirates find a bridge at end of baseball world in Holdzkom
- Gas industry remedies ‘brain drain’ in Western Pennsylvania
- Pirates’ 5-game winning streak ends with 1-0 loss to Brewers
- SWAT team responds to incident in Edgeworth
- Former drug dealer, addict give away groceries as part of New Kensington church’s outreach
- Hill District leaders irked as Penguins submit former Civic Arena site plan to city
- Who speaks for our hills? These regional assets are taking a beating
- Penguins notebook: Crosby sits, could be out ‘couple days’