Bringing back the president
Top 10 reasons to re-elect President Obama:
1. Killed Osama bin Laden
2. Stopped the economic free fall, added jobs and rebuilt infrastructure, countering Republican economic policies and the Wall Street bandits that resulted in the worst economic calamity since the Depression.
3. The Affordable Care Act provides for 30 million uninsured Americans, closes the “donut hole” in the Medicare Prescription program, ends the denial of coverage for pre-existing conditions and extends coverage for children up to age 26 under their parent's policies.
4. Ended an unnecessary war in Iraq.
5. Foreign policy has mended fences worldwide, countering the GOP's “Go It Alone” xenophobia.
6. Liberated Libya without American casualties and, unlike Mitt Romney, won't send troops to Syria and Iran.
7. Energy program increased domestic drilling for oil and natural gas, while doubling sustainable (wind, solar, bio-fuel) energy sources for our future.
8. Saved the American auto industry, which Romney would have “Bained” to death.
9. Provides tax returns. Where are Romney's? Has he paid his fair share?
10. President Obama “pulled himself up by his boot straps,” which has enabled him to understand the struggles of the poor, the unemployed and the middle class, while Romney was born with a silver spoon in his mouth that has left him clueless about ordinary people.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Century mark beckons for Ben
- Flyers continue mastery of Penguins at Consol
- Highmark seeks double-digit increase for more benefits, heavy use
- Cops: Washington County surplus store sold stolen items
- Steelers’ defense on pace for fewest sacks in 16-game season
- Wanted sex offender caught hiding in homemade fort in Washington County
- Officials identify witness to Port Authority bus crash after releasing photo
- Canadians more fearful, aware after ‘very rare’ attack in Ottawa
- Contempt citation sought by state against Highmark for alleged violation of deal with UPMC
- WPIAL, coaches are still looking to schedule Week 9 rivalry games
- Corbett rips Wolf tax proposals during Hempfield campaign stop