Bringing back the president
Published: Monday, October 15, 2012, 1:01 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Top 10 reasons to re-elect President Obama:
1. Killed Osama bin Laden
2. Stopped the economic free fall, added jobs and rebuilt infrastructure, countering Republican economic policies and the Wall Street bandits that resulted in the worst economic calamity since the Depression.
3. The Affordable Care Act provides for 30 million uninsured Americans, closes the “donut hole” in the Medicare Prescription program, ends the denial of coverage for pre-existing conditions and extends coverage for children up to age 26 under their parent's policies.
4. Ended an unnecessary war in Iraq.
5. Foreign policy has mended fences worldwide, countering the GOP's “Go It Alone” xenophobia.
6. Liberated Libya without American casualties and, unlike Mitt Romney, won't send troops to Syria and Iran.
7. Energy program increased domestic drilling for oil and natural gas, while doubling sustainable (wind, solar, bio-fuel) energy sources for our future.
8. Saved the American auto industry, which Romney would have “Bained” to death.
9. Provides tax returns. Where are Romney's? Has he paid his fair share?
10. President Obama “pulled himself up by his boot straps,” which has enabled him to understand the struggles of the poor, the unemployed and the middle class, while Romney was born with a silver spoon in his mouth that has left him clueless about ordinary people.
- Connellsville’s Memorial Day features wreath toss, recitation of Gettysburg Address on 150th anniversary
- Newest Dunbar Community Festival ornament is now available
- Dunbar, Vanderbilt plan Monday services
- Stretch of Route 43 dedicated to vets
- Budget steady on taxes
- Fay-West communities to observe Memorial Day
- Mt. Pleasant to dedicate new digital wall
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Clairton board OKs dek hockey concept
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.