Guilty as charged
According to Democrats, Republican congressmen have deliberately blocked all of President Obama's proposals. I agree. Those congressmen are indeed guilty.
They are guilty of blocking Obama's liberal nominees for political office. They tried to block the stimulus bills. They tried to stop the growth of entitlement programs.
They tried to block ObamaCare. They opposed raising the national debt ceiling. They want a balanced budget amendment.
For the first two years of Obama's term, Democrats controlled Congress and the Republicans didn't have the votes to stop him. Obama hasn't signed any major spending bills since Republicans gained power.
Thank you, Republican congressmen, for your brave stand. The voters should punish your dastardly deeds by re-electing you.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- It’s not a small world after all: Global population estimated to soar
- Pirates hold on to beat Red Sox, complete 3-game sweep at PNC
- Rossi: The series that will define these Pirates
- Deputy vanishes amid Texas flooding
- Steelers’ Polamalu relying on smarts as physical skills decline
- Steelers’ Timmons looks to reverse defense’s struggles
- Stats speak: Sliders stand between Pirates, playoffs
- Butler County man dies in accident on Route 68
- Ex-Gateway coach Smith making mark at Penn State
- Bethel Park retracts warning of respiratory illness
- Range Resources to pay $4.15M fine, close old gas drilling impoundments