Guilty as charged
According to Democrats, Republican congressmen have deliberately blocked all of President Obama's proposals. I agree. Those congressmen are indeed guilty.
They are guilty of blocking Obama's liberal nominees for political office. They tried to block the stimulus bills. They tried to stop the growth of entitlement programs.
They tried to block ObamaCare. They opposed raising the national debt ceiling. They want a balanced budget amendment.
For the first two years of Obama's term, Democrats controlled Congress and the Republicans didn't have the votes to stop him. Obama hasn't signed any major spending bills since Republicans gained power.
Thank you, Republican congressmen, for your brave stand. The voters should punish your dastardly deeds by re-electing you.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu enters training camp as Steelers’ longest tenured player
- Starkey: Pirates, Burnett could work again
- Outfielder Polanco driving force for Pirates in victory over Dodgers
- Victim of Monessen standoff committed suicide
- Elizabeth police under new leadership
- House Dem panel meets in Monessen
- Westmoreland County gets the word out about drug problem
- Lower Burrell sewer projects will cost millions
- Blaze ravages South Huntingdon home
- Pirates notebook: Phillies’ Burnett not demanding trade
- Chrysler recalls up to 792K Jeep SUVs for ignition switch defect