Guilty as charged
According to Democrats, Republican congressmen have deliberately blocked all of President Obama's proposals. I agree. Those congressmen are indeed guilty.
They are guilty of blocking Obama's liberal nominees for political office. They tried to block the stimulus bills. They tried to stop the growth of entitlement programs.
They tried to block ObamaCare. They opposed raising the national debt ceiling. They want a balanced budget amendment.
For the first two years of Obama's term, Democrats controlled Congress and the Republicans didn't have the votes to stop him. Obama hasn't signed any major spending bills since Republicans gained power.
Thank you, Republican congressmen, for your brave stand. The voters should punish your dastardly deeds by re-electing you.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Reversing the field: Pirates continue to raid Yankees for hidden skill
- Former Pa. Gov. Corbett: From pension critic to collector
- Injuries to Penguins’ Ehrhoff, Letang force defense to pick up slack
- Mon Valley schools honored for commitment to music education
- Responsibility for sinkhole near Glassport remains uncertain
- Five is enough for Penguins’ defensemen
- Ligonier doctor’s appeal to practice rejected
- Pirates notebook: Locke the choice to be 5th starter
- Steelers’ Tomlin, Pirates’ Hurdle share similar philosophy
- McKeesport man: My ex-girlfriend ‘attempted to run me over’; she says he hit her and she panicked
- Pgh. International leader strives to inject Pittsburgh flavor into airport