Guilty as charged
According to Democrats, Republican congressmen have deliberately blocked all of President Obama's proposals. I agree. Those congressmen are indeed guilty.
They are guilty of blocking Obama's liberal nominees for political office. They tried to block the stimulus bills. They tried to stop the growth of entitlement programs.
They tried to block ObamaCare. They opposed raising the national debt ceiling. They want a balanced budget amendment.
For the first two years of Obama's term, Democrats controlled Congress and the Republicans didn't have the votes to stop him. Obama hasn't signed any major spending bills since Republicans gained power.
Thank you, Republican congressmen, for your brave stand. The voters should punish your dastardly deeds by re-electing you.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers cut Scobee, sign free agent kicker Boswell
- Burnett pitches well in farewell, but Pirates lose to Reds
- Kessel addition, better health could have Pens scoring like it’s 1990s
- Are Pirates better positioned to win it all this postseason?
- Four downs: Williams brothers on the rise
- Anxiety pervades town built by Volkswagen during emissions-cheating scandal
- Pirates fans on edge as season again coming down to wild card
- Cameron in throes of leave-the-EU movement in Britain
- More employers adopt generous leave policies
- Girl battling cancer scratches item off bucket list with PNC Park trip
- New book credits Nunn for Steelers’ 1970s success