Guilty as charged
Published: Friday, October 12, 2012, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
According to Democrats, Republican congressmen have deliberately blocked all of President Obama's proposals. I agree. Those congressmen are indeed guilty.
They are guilty of blocking Obama's liberal nominees for political office. They tried to block the stimulus bills. They tried to stop the growth of entitlement programs.
They tried to block ObamaCare. They opposed raising the national debt ceiling. They want a balanced budget amendment.
For the first two years of Obama's term, Democrats controlled Congress and the Republicans didn't have the votes to stop him. Obama hasn't signed any major spending bills since Republicans gained power.
Thank you, Republican congressmen, for your brave stand. The voters should punish your dastardly deeds by re-electing you.
- Penguins Insider: Time is right for Jokinen’s return
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Kovacevic: Pens improve under microscope
- Neal’s solid play soon could pay off on scoresheet for Penguins
- Sisters ejected from Pennsylvania mall for profane cancer hats
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Penguins notebook: Morrow leaves practice with injury
- Steelers notebook: Less talk, more work is Tomlin’s theme
- Pirates notebook: Penguins jerseys in fashion for road trip
- Peduto secures Democratic nomination for Pittsburgh mayor
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
So Republicans want a Balanced Budget Amendment? Why didn't they pass one when THEY controlled the White House, both Houses of Congress and the Supreme Court? Also, why did they raise the debt ceiling the 8 times Bush requested it? And why didn't they overturn Roe V. Wade? I will tell you why. They are a bunch of hypocrites who only complain about spending when it isn't them. And they can only sell such nonsense to fools like you.