Guilty as charged
According to Democrats, Republican congressmen have deliberately blocked all of President Obama's proposals. I agree. Those congressmen are indeed guilty.
They are guilty of blocking Obama's liberal nominees for political office. They tried to block the stimulus bills. They tried to stop the growth of entitlement programs.
They tried to block ObamaCare. They opposed raising the national debt ceiling. They want a balanced budget amendment.
For the first two years of Obama's term, Democrats controlled Congress and the Republicans didn't have the votes to stop him. Obama hasn't signed any major spending bills since Republicans gained power.
Thank you, Republican congressmen, for your brave stand. The voters should punish your dastardly deeds by re-electing you.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges
- Western Pa. districts aim to win back students from cyber charters
- Virginia GOP Senate candidate Gillespie piles up mileage in pursuit of Warner
- RX Fit brings cross-training to Ford City
- Ford City explores beefing up code enforcement
- Boston College football coach Addazio can’t get enough of the game
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers