President Nixon engineered a cover-up of the Watergate break-in. He resigned in disgrace and those involved in the break-in were imprisoned.
President Clinton lied and covered up his sexual indiscretions in the White House. He was impeached.
Under President Obama, the ill-fated and poorly executed “Fast and Furious” operation resulted in the death of a Border Patrol agent. Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder continue to stonewall the investigation, with no apparent accountability.
Under Obama, our ambassador and three other Americans were killed in a terrorist attack on our consulate in Benghazi. Apparently, earlier calls for increased security were ignored. The cover-up was intense. So far, there is no accountability.
Two presidents suffered heavily for admittedly illegal behavior. Obama, whose policies resulted in the deaths of five Americans, remains unscathed. How many more must be killed before the American people start to ask, “Where does the buck stop?”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 3 identified in Route 66 crash near Delmont
- Fayette woman dies in fall from ATV on National Pike
- Polamalu enters training camp as Steelers’ longest tenured player
- Four people wounded in North Braddock shooting
- Round up family and friends, it’s county fair season in Western Pennsylvania
- Penguins assistant Martin gets new job title
- Ex-state prison guard lied to marshals about fugitive brother’s whereabouts
- Greensburg man charged with assaulting hospital guard
- Starkey: Pirates, Burnett could work again
- Fayette attorney wants defense counsel disqualified
- PUC urged to give Uber, Lyft emergency permits