Published: Friday, Oct. 12, 2012, 9:00 p.m.
President Nixon engineered a cover-up of the Watergate break-in. He resigned in disgrace and those involved in the break-in were imprisoned.
President Clinton lied and covered up his sexual indiscretions in the White House. He was impeached.
Under President Obama, the ill-fated and poorly executed “Fast and Furious” operation resulted in the death of a Border Patrol agent. Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder continue to stonewall the investigation, with no apparent accountability.
Under Obama, our ambassador and three other Americans were killed in a terrorist attack on our consulate in Benghazi. Apparently, earlier calls for increased security were ignored. The cover-up was intense. So far, there is no accountability.
Two presidents suffered heavily for admittedly illegal behavior. Obama, whose policies resulted in the deaths of five Americans, remains unscathed. How many more must be killed before the American people start to ask, “Where does the buck stop?”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Host of Steelers veterans look toward career survival mode
- UPMC doctor killed trying to help at 50-vehicle pileup
- Steelers film session: Polamalu not at fault on long run
- Young defensemen lift Penguins to win
- Pirates notebook: Huntington narrows team’s offseason targets
- One dead in officer-involved shooting in Monroeville
- Expert: KO doesn’t mean ‘worst’ concussion for Pens’ Orpik
- Long-serving fire chief shrugs off honors
- Pitt defensive lineman Donald brings home Bronko Nagurski Award
- Pirates will shop while starting pitcher Burnett makes his decision
- Penguins’ Neal suspended five games for Marchand hit