President Nixon engineered a cover-up of the Watergate break-in. He resigned in disgrace and those involved in the break-in were imprisoned.
President Clinton lied and covered up his sexual indiscretions in the White House. He was impeached.
Under President Obama, the ill-fated and poorly executed “Fast and Furious” operation resulted in the death of a Border Patrol agent. Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder continue to stonewall the investigation, with no apparent accountability.
Under Obama, our ambassador and three other Americans were killed in a terrorist attack on our consulate in Benghazi. Apparently, earlier calls for increased security were ignored. The cover-up was intense. So far, there is no accountability.
Two presidents suffered heavily for admittedly illegal behavior. Obama, whose policies resulted in the deaths of five Americans, remains unscathed. How many more must be killed before the American people start to ask, “Where does the buck stop?”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins’ Letang leaves hospital, ‘day-to-day’ with concussion
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Starkey: Next frontier for Steelers offense
- Shortfalls sabotage promise of union retirees’ pensions
- Building damaged, no injuries after Fayette recycling center fire
- Pirates pitchers finding success with expanded strike zone
- Mt. Lebanon native, Iraq war hero’s action goes unrewarded
- South Side house part of former Steeler’s end game
- Alvarez latest in Pirates’ revolving door at first base
- Pitt’s Amara offers Vision of hope
- Pirates notebook: Polanco’s power outburst a matter of timing