President Nixon engineered a cover-up of the Watergate break-in. He resigned in disgrace and those involved in the break-in were imprisoned.
President Clinton lied and covered up his sexual indiscretions in the White House. He was impeached.
Under President Obama, the ill-fated and poorly executed “Fast and Furious” operation resulted in the death of a Border Patrol agent. Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder continue to stonewall the investigation, with no apparent accountability.
Under Obama, our ambassador and three other Americans were killed in a terrorist attack on our consulate in Benghazi. Apparently, earlier calls for increased security were ignored. The cover-up was intense. So far, there is no accountability.
Two presidents suffered heavily for admittedly illegal behavior. Obama, whose policies resulted in the deaths of five Americans, remains unscathed. How many more must be killed before the American people start to ask, “Where does the buck stop?”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds
- Boston College football coach Addazio can’t get enough of the game