President Nixon engineered a cover-up of the Watergate break-in. He resigned in disgrace and those involved in the break-in were imprisoned.
President Clinton lied and covered up his sexual indiscretions in the White House. He was impeached.
Under President Obama, the ill-fated and poorly executed “Fast and Furious” operation resulted in the death of a Border Patrol agent. Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder continue to stonewall the investigation, with no apparent accountability.
Under Obama, our ambassador and three other Americans were killed in a terrorist attack on our consulate in Benghazi. Apparently, earlier calls for increased security were ignored. The cover-up was intense. So far, there is no accountability.
Two presidents suffered heavily for admittedly illegal behavior. Obama, whose policies resulted in the deaths of five Americans, remains unscathed. How many more must be killed before the American people start to ask, “Where does the buck stop?”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers to bring LB Harrison out of retirement
- PennDOT puts 14 Alle-Kiski Valley bridges on list to be replaced
- Freeport dock bid exceeds resources
- Harrison OKs antenna zoning change
- Steelers defense must replace three injured starters after victory
- Liriano, McCutchen help Pirates to 1-0 win over Braves
- Flag holders stolen off veterans’ graves in Lower Burrell cemetery
- Apollo-Ridge middle school library project gains STEAM
- Red Wings beat Penguins, 2-1, in preseason opener
- Cloverleaf bridge work to resume after change
- Pirates notebook: Volquez open to re-signing with team