GOP voter fraud
The courts have said the voter ID law is out for November's election. This means Republican House Leader Mike Turzai's statement, “Voter ID — which is going to allow Governor Romney to win the State of Pennsylvania — done!” will not be applicable.
There was insufficient time before November to obtain a photo ID for the elderly and those who live in rural counties without PennDOT offices. The VND didn't think this law was disenfranchising voters; that people were just “running their mouths” as stated in an Aug. 24 editorial.
We all want to eliminate voter fraud. We should start with Strategic Allied Consulting, the company hired by the Republican National Committee. It allegedly collected fraudulent voter registrations in Florida and was working in four other states. Strategic has also been accused of destroying Democrat voter registrations? Aren't these important stories the VND should be reporting with the same zeal it covered the ACORN/Democrat stories on voter fraud?
The truth is, when it comes to voter fraud, the Republicans are just as bad as the Democrats. The problem is, VND readers need to go elsewhere to get all of the information.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: No-huddle gets limited use vs. Texans
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Prosecutors say Ferrante tested toxin on mice to gauge effect on human
- Nervous investors crunch stocks
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul
- One-day lane restrictions set on Route 30 in North Huntingdon
- Former Penn-Trafford student put on house arrest for drug sales
- Bomb threat found at Franklin Regional High School
- Somerset Trust Train Station Complex in Connellsville to hold grand opening
- I-79 north repaving work to create detours tonight in Cranberry
- 2 dead in shooting attack at Canada’s Parliament