Not better off II
Vice President Joe Biden, while addressing a crowd in Charlotte, N.C., on Oct. 2, said “the middle class ... has been buried the last four years.” While I very seldom agree with Mr. Biden, I totally agree with him on this.
Earth to Joe: The last time I looked, President Obama has been in office these last four years and the Democrats have control of the Senate. Kind of makes you wonder who buried the middle class, huh, Joe?
And to think that this brilliant mind is a “heartbeat away” from the highest office in the land.
Keep it up, Joe. That's why we love you!
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pittsburgh’s HealthyRide system begins launch Sunday
- Pittsburgh roots shape former Md. governor’s outlook in run for president
- Point Park graduate’s ‘mugshot’ photos hit nerve on racism
- Thousands attend Connellsville Civil War Festival
- East Franklin family held at gunpoint in Arnold; no one hurt
- Storms knock out power to several in Western Pa.
- Steelers nose tackle McCullers finds performance, fitness go hand in hand
- Pyrex Bowl bringing 7-on-7 tourney to Mon Valley
- Former Ringgold guidance counselor accused of sex assault faces trial
- Belle Vernon, Charleroi football players attract recruiters
- Grant to fund discovery room for Duquesne youngsters