School & obesity II
Published: Tuesday, October 9, 2012, 9:05 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
I got sick to my stomach while reading Jon Wehner's letter “Obesity overreach.”
Is there any question or doubt as to how far government is intruding into our lives? How long before it tells us all what to eat, how much to eat and what we cannot eat?
This 8-year-old child was told by her public school that she is 1 percent over the body mass index for her age and at great risk for serious health problems. How frightening is that to a small child?
Would the school prefer she be bulimic or anorexic? Isn't that what parents are for — to determine what their children should eat and how much?
The way things are going, children will be removed from their homes and raised by our socialist government from birth.
Mary Ann Badar
- Steelers might be forced to rely on rookies in 2013
- Kovacevic: Do Senators have anything left?
- Rossi: Late-game moves pay off
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- Woman charged in fatal Lawrence County accident that killed cyclist
- Gorman: Pitt hoops could soon have Western Pa. flavor
- Penguins notebook: Spezza will return for Senators in Game 3
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Gulf Tower ‘turns’ red over Pens goals
- Pirates’ bullpen falters in extra-inning loss to Astros
- Pirates notebook: Botched popup shocks Martin
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.