School & obesity II
I got sick to my stomach while reading Jon Wehner's letter “Obesity overreach.”
Is there any question or doubt as to how far government is intruding into our lives? How long before it tells us all what to eat, how much to eat and what we cannot eat?
This 8-year-old child was told by her public school that she is 1 percent over the body mass index for her age and at great risk for serious health problems. How frightening is that to a small child?
Would the school prefer she be bulimic or anorexic? Isn't that what parents are for — to determine what their children should eat and how much?
The way things are going, children will be removed from their homes and raised by our socialist government from birth.
Mary Ann Badar
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tire comes off, hits oncoming car, kills 1 on Route 28
- 6 shot at Clairton speakeasy; police seek suspects
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- Plum man killed in Saltsburg Road rollover
- Starkey: Pens move on with, without Dupuis
- School bus accident in Pleasant Hills sends 4 to the hospital
- Penn State defense proves among best in school history
- Philadelphia hospital evaluating patient for Ebola
- Westmoreland County sheriff won’t alter staffing as cash runs out
- New assistant Agnew has Pens’ PK, defense among league’s best