School & obesity II
I got sick to my stomach while reading Jon Wehner's letter “Obesity overreach.”
Is there any question or doubt as to how far government is intruding into our lives? How long before it tells us all what to eat, how much to eat and what we cannot eat?
This 8-year-old child was told by her public school that she is 1 percent over the body mass index for her age and at great risk for serious health problems. How frightening is that to a small child?
Would the school prefer she be bulimic or anorexic? Isn't that what parents are for — to determine what their children should eat and how much?
The way things are going, children will be removed from their homes and raised by our socialist government from birth.
Mary Ann Badar
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates pitcher Morton turns in solid performance in win over Marlins
- Pirates notebook: Morton’s return to Pirates means Liz leaves
- ‘Voice of Pittsburgh’ was proud of Mon Valley roots
- Cops: Man shoots 11-year-old with BB gun in McKeesport; boy critical
- With space to spare, Pittsburgh International draws corporate jet carrier
- Accident at West Virginia’s Cheat Lake sends boaters to hospital
- Westmoreland Veterans’ Monument unveiled, rededicated in Greensburg
- Consistency keeps Cellone’s Bakery customers coming back
- Previewing the the 2015 WPIAL baseball championships
- Theft thwarted by employee at North Huntingdon Wal-Mart
- Bus plans include RIDC Park in O’Hara