School & obesity II
I got sick to my stomach while reading Jon Wehner's letter “Obesity overreach.”
Is there any question or doubt as to how far government is intruding into our lives? How long before it tells us all what to eat, how much to eat and what we cannot eat?
This 8-year-old child was told by her public school that she is 1 percent over the body mass index for her age and at great risk for serious health problems. How frightening is that to a small child?
Would the school prefer she be bulimic or anorexic? Isn't that what parents are for — to determine what their children should eat and how much?
The way things are going, children will be removed from their homes and raised by our socialist government from birth.
Mary Ann Badar
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates inquire about Red Sox LHP Lester
- IceoPlex owner indicted, accused of avoiding $1M in payroll taxes
- Former walk-ons may lose scholarships under Penn State’s Franklin
- Police: Westmoreland women stole thousands to pay for dog show hobby
- Police investigate how woman fell onto CMU apartment roof
- McCandless OKs land development plan for potential Wal-Mart
- Pittsburgh Brewing tries to reconnect with region, return to glory days
- U.S. Steel’s 2Q loss beats analysts’ estimates
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- Water main break closes Upper St. Clair road
- Some Carnegie residents without Verizon landline service