School & obesity II
I got sick to my stomach while reading Jon Wehner's letter “Obesity overreach.”
Is there any question or doubt as to how far government is intruding into our lives? How long before it tells us all what to eat, how much to eat and what we cannot eat?
This 8-year-old child was told by her public school that she is 1 percent over the body mass index for her age and at great risk for serious health problems. How frightening is that to a small child?
Would the school prefer she be bulimic or anorexic? Isn't that what parents are for — to determine what their children should eat and how much?
The way things are going, children will be removed from their homes and raised by our socialist government from birth.
Mary Ann Badar
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins trade for Toronto’s Kessel; lose Martin, Comeau via free agency
- Second Pa. friar commits suicide from order under investigation in sex abuse scandal
- Steelers submit application to host Super Bowl
- Judge revokes bail for Plum High School teacher
- Donora-Webster Bridge plunges into Mon River after 106 years
- 2015 Connellsville grad identified as victim of Bullskin motorcycle crash
- Wednesday - July 1, 2015
- Pair of Three Rivers Regatta races canceled
- Troopers searching for Fayette County robbery suspect
- Pirates grind out extra-inning win against testy Tigers
- In historic vote, Legislature approves bill selling state liquor stores