Photo ID to register?
Photo ID to register?
Although I am disappointed with Judge Simpson's ruling on the voter ID law, I am not surprised by the outcome. The Democrats have spent so much time and energy on fighting the law instead of identifying and helping those without a photo ID to acquire one.
To me, showing a qualified photo ID to vote did not go far enough. Wouldn't it make more sense to require a photo ID to register to vote? And wouldn't it be interesting to find out how many of those who have registered since 2000 are without the required photo ID?
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Decisions backfire in Steelers’ loss in Seattle
- Penn State coach fires offensive coordinator
- Marshall’s Fluhme Glam Bar hopes to take beauty concept nationwide
- Police charge New Florence man in St. Clair officer’s killing
- French and Indian War re-enactor Wilson commits to pioneer lifestyle in Murrysville cabin
- Woman found in Carrick died of multiple wounds, autopsy results say
- 24,000 hours of volunteer service, 112 debutantes add up to Pittsburgh’s 2015 Medallion Ball
- Auction watch: High-quality artwork highlights Dec. 5 sale in Regent Square
- Baldwin Santa gets the reality-show treatment
- North Allegheny 7th best school in national ranking, moves up 2 spots
- Sale of doll clothes to benefit Harrison library