Shameful GOP display
On Oct. 3, the GOP members of the state House refused to vote on debating House Resolution 520, adjourned the House and fled the floor. HR 520 calls for a full investigation by the U.S. Justice Department of the state Attorney General's Office's investigation and handling of the Jerry Sandusky case.
I would love to hear our local representatives' statements as to why they fled the floor instead of standing up for our children. It's a shameful display and one that shouldn't go unnoticed by voters in the upcoming election.
These “representatives of the people” chose to defend Gov. Corbett and what may or may not have been done by his office over the welfare of the children of Pennsylvania when he was attorney general. I'm certainly no defender of Penn State, but it's funny how all these same people were so up in arms over getting every single person at Penn State who had any involvement whatsoever.
Now, all of a sudden, when the investigation turns toward the governor, these same folks don't want to hear any more about it. You either want to know the whole truth or you don't — which is it? This is an indefensible and shameful display by our representatives.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Route 22 closed in Delmont after tractor-trailer crash at cloverleaf
- Starkey: Cervelli’s inspiration
- More witness intimidation charges are filed against Plum teacher
- Supreme Court justices ream EPA for ignoring costs to meet air standards
- St. Vincent professor, students use interviews for drug addiction data
- Wet weather puts Three Rivers Regatta events in jeopardy
- Downie, Ehrhoff lead list of likely Penguins leaving in free agency
- Pirates hope 1st baseman Alvarez starts to regain power stroke
- Vandergrift man accused of sexual assault
- South Side zoning clashes with parking: Workers hurt
- 80 percent of drivers found exceeding speed limit in Mt. Lebanon, Bethel Park