Shameful GOP display
On Oct. 3, the GOP members of the state House refused to vote on debating House Resolution 520, adjourned the House and fled the floor. HR 520 calls for a full investigation by the U.S. Justice Department of the state Attorney General's Office's investigation and handling of the Jerry Sandusky case.
I would love to hear our local representatives' statements as to why they fled the floor instead of standing up for our children. It's a shameful display and one that shouldn't go unnoticed by voters in the upcoming election.
These “representatives of the people” chose to defend Gov. Corbett and what may or may not have been done by his office over the welfare of the children of Pennsylvania when he was attorney general. I'm certainly no defender of Penn State, but it's funny how all these same people were so up in arms over getting every single person at Penn State who had any involvement whatsoever.
Now, all of a sudden, when the investigation turns toward the governor, these same folks don't want to hear any more about it. You either want to know the whole truth or you don't — which is it? This is an indefensible and shameful display by our representatives.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Rossi: Cole perfect pitcher to start pivotal series for Pirates
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Pirates notebook: Bucs unlikely to make trade before deadline
- Mom charged in girl’s death in line for $1M from her trust fund
- Pitt notebook: Panthers defense responds to questions with shutout
- Former Clairton, Pitt cornerback Coles enrolls at Duquesne
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- On the border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot