Shameful GOP display
On Oct. 3, the GOP members of the state House refused to vote on debating House Resolution 520, adjourned the House and fled the floor. HR 520 calls for a full investigation by the U.S. Justice Department of the state Attorney General's Office's investigation and handling of the Jerry Sandusky case.
I would love to hear our local representatives' statements as to why they fled the floor instead of standing up for our children. It's a shameful display and one that shouldn't go unnoticed by voters in the upcoming election.
These “representatives of the people” chose to defend Gov. Corbett and what may or may not have been done by his office over the welfare of the children of Pennsylvania when he was attorney general. I'm certainly no defender of Penn State, but it's funny how all these same people were so up in arms over getting every single person at Penn State who had any involvement whatsoever.
Now, all of a sudden, when the investigation turns toward the governor, these same folks don't want to hear any more about it. You either want to know the whole truth or you don't — which is it? This is an indefensible and shameful display by our representatives.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers trying to get missing defensive pieces on field
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- Wilmerding targeted for mobile farmers market
- Steelers running back eager to prove he can help bridge gap to Bell
- Steelers notebook: New kicker Scobee relishes opportunity
- 22-month-old boy shot, killed in North Side; stepfather charged
- Student violinist,Valley School of Ligonier reach settlement
- Rostraver man pleads guilty in 2012 deadly wreck on I-70
- Authorities investigate suspicious packages at Murrysville post office
- Cole struggles as Brewers continue Miller mastery over Pirates
- Study shows Ligonier Borough might save if police consolidate