Shameful GOP display
Published: Friday, October 12, 2012, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
On Oct. 3, the GOP members of the state House refused to vote on debating House Resolution 520, adjourned the House and fled the floor. HR 520 calls for a full investigation by the U.S. Justice Department of the state Attorney General's Office's investigation and handling of the Jerry Sandusky case.
I would love to hear our local representatives' statements as to why they fled the floor instead of standing up for our children. It's a shameful display and one that shouldn't go unnoticed by voters in the upcoming election.
These “representatives of the people” chose to defend Gov. Corbett and what may or may not have been done by his office over the welfare of the children of Pennsylvania when he was attorney general. I'm certainly no defender of Penn State, but it's funny how all these same people were so up in arms over getting every single person at Penn State who had any involvement whatsoever.
Now, all of a sudden, when the investigation turns toward the governor, these same folks don't want to hear any more about it. You either want to know the whole truth or you don't — which is it? This is an indefensible and shameful display by our representatives.
- Kovacevic: It doesn’t have to be this hard
- News Alert
- Deer Lakes may raise meal prices
- Women take action to improve neighborhood park
- Coming together
- Steelers rookie WR moves on after PSU scandal
- Penguins blow late lead, lose to Senators in 2nd OT
- Facial recognition technology moving toward identifying almost anyone
- Goalie Anderson stands tall in Senators’ victory over Penguins
- Lawrenceville native strives to fly from world’s wonders
- Hundreds of races, but light turnout expected for primary in Westmoreland
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.