Shameful GOP display
On Oct. 3, the GOP members of the state House refused to vote on debating House Resolution 520, adjourned the House and fled the floor. HR 520 calls for a full investigation by the U.S. Justice Department of the state Attorney General's Office's investigation and handling of the Jerry Sandusky case.
I would love to hear our local representatives' statements as to why they fled the floor instead of standing up for our children. It's a shameful display and one that shouldn't go unnoticed by voters in the upcoming election.
These “representatives of the people” chose to defend Gov. Corbett and what may or may not have been done by his office over the welfare of the children of Pennsylvania when he was attorney general. I'm certainly no defender of Penn State, but it's funny how all these same people were so up in arms over getting every single person at Penn State who had any involvement whatsoever.
Now, all of a sudden, when the investigation turns toward the governor, these same folks don't want to hear any more about it. You either want to know the whole truth or you don't — which is it? This is an indefensible and shameful display by our representatives.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Five defensemen dress against San Jose
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- ‘Swing Night’ has feel of Prohibiton-era dance hall
- Outdoors notebook: Changes likely coming to area lakes
- Pence: ‘Not going to change’ religious freedom law
- Duke returns to Final Four with win over Gonzaga
- 2 bodies found at site of gas explosion in NYC apartments
- Arrests made in South Side fracas
- Pirates notebook: Decker leaves game with calf injury
- More Parkway West closures planned this week
- Shortfalls sabotage promise of union retirees’ pensions