Shameful GOP display
On Oct. 3, the GOP members of the state House refused to vote on debating House Resolution 520, adjourned the House and fled the floor. HR 520 calls for a full investigation by the U.S. Justice Department of the state Attorney General's Office's investigation and handling of the Jerry Sandusky case.
I would love to hear our local representatives' statements as to why they fled the floor instead of standing up for our children. It's a shameful display and one that shouldn't go unnoticed by voters in the upcoming election.
These “representatives of the people” chose to defend Gov. Corbett and what may or may not have been done by his office over the welfare of the children of Pennsylvania when he was attorney general. I'm certainly no defender of Penn State, but it's funny how all these same people were so up in arms over getting every single person at Penn State who had any involvement whatsoever.
Now, all of a sudden, when the investigation turns toward the governor, these same folks don't want to hear any more about it. You either want to know the whole truth or you don't — which is it? This is an indefensible and shameful display by our representatives.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Central Valley beats rival West Allegheny to win WPIAL Class AA championship
- Pitt found opponent it had hoped for in Hawaii
- Iron ore price decline hurts U.S. Steel’s cost advantage over rivals
- Karns City uses bruising running game to gain comeback win over Chestnut Ridge
- Improving PSU running game faces porous Illinois defense
- Fayette City native Gordon Graham traveled many roads to Cheboygan
- On senior day, Pitt not giving up the fight
- Duquesne, CMU officials warn of scam
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- 6 injured in speakeasy shooting in Clairton
- Pennsylvania legislative leader Costa blasts suggestion of session before Wolf sworn in as governor