Raja over Smith I
Election season is in full swing and many of the same familiar faces are running, yet it seems like nothing ever changes in Harrisburg. Maybe it is time for a fresh perspective — someone who embodies the American dream. In the 37th Senatorial District, Republican Raja is running on that very notion: creating jobs and leading by example.
He has done this by starting and growing a business and creating jobs both here in Western Pennsylvania and around the U.S. I have also heard him publicly declare that he will turn down the dreaded legislative per diems and pension. That is something I can get behind.
Meanwhile, it seems that Raja's Democrat opponent, state Rep. Matt Smith, wants to keep spending our money in Harrisburg, when what we really need is to boost the economy by creating jobs, providing tax incentives to small businesses and cutting out the wasteful government spending that pervades Harrisburg.
Sometimes, it takes a new point of view to see a problem and fix it. Let's send a message to Harrisburg that it's time for a real change, the kind Raja can bring as a senator.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Fitting in will be Kang’s biggest hurdle
- Power play shines in Penguins’ home victory over Blue Jackets
- Shale drilling boom a bust for some Western Pennsylvania towns
- Sales, income taxes increases expected in Gov. Tom Wolf’s budget
- Pirates starting pitcher Worley is in right place, right time with team
- Penguins notebook: Pouliot dazzles in victory over Blue Jackets
- Duquesne University football player died by suicide
- Pitt’s NCAA Tournament hopes take a hit with loss to Wake Forest
- LaBar: Is Brock Lesnar leaving WWE again?
- Icy roads causing multiple accidents Sunday evening
- Passion for speed fuels Ligonier man’s slippery dash in winter rally