Raja over Smith I
Election season is in full swing and many of the same familiar faces are running, yet it seems like nothing ever changes in Harrisburg. Maybe it is time for a fresh perspective — someone who embodies the American dream. In the 37th Senatorial District, Republican Raja is running on that very notion: creating jobs and leading by example.
He has done this by starting and growing a business and creating jobs both here in Western Pennsylvania and around the U.S. I have also heard him publicly declare that he will turn down the dreaded legislative per diems and pension. That is something I can get behind.
Meanwhile, it seems that Raja's Democrat opponent, state Rep. Matt Smith, wants to keep spending our money in Harrisburg, when what we really need is to boost the economy by creating jobs, providing tax incentives to small businesses and cutting out the wasteful government spending that pervades Harrisburg.
Sometimes, it takes a new point of view to see a problem and fix it. Let's send a message to Harrisburg that it's time for a real change, the kind Raja can bring as a senator.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penn State goaltender Skoff gets chance to impress the Penguins
- Penguins add adviser PJT Partners to assist in potential sale
- Storm causes scattered power outages in central Westmoreland County
- West Virginia defense looks to reach higher level of play this year
- 1,500 lose power in Alle-Kiski Valley
- Weather puts county emergency operations into ‘storm mode’
- Pirates notebook: Kang settling in to comfort zone
- Suspended Maryland wide receiver eyeing Pitt
- Judge sentences Arnold man already serving time to prison on federal charges
- Violent domestic dispute prompts evacuation of Spring Hill neighbors
- District 31 Legion roundup: Latrobe rallies in 7th to defeat rival Unity