Raja over Smith I
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Monday, Oct. 8, 2012, 8:56 p.m.
Election season is in full swing and many of the same familiar faces are running, yet it seems like nothing ever changes in Harrisburg. Maybe it is time for a fresh perspective — someone who embodies the American dream. In the 37th Senatorial District, Republican Raja is running on that very notion: creating jobs and leading by example.
He has done this by starting and growing a business and creating jobs both here in Western Pennsylvania and around the U.S. I have also heard him publicly declare that he will turn down the dreaded legislative per diems and pension. That is something I can get behind.
Meanwhile, it seems that Raja's Democrat opponent, state Rep. Matt Smith, wants to keep spending our money in Harrisburg, when what we really need is to boost the economy by creating jobs, providing tax incentives to small businesses and cutting out the wasteful government spending that pervades Harrisburg.
Sometimes, it takes a new point of view to see a problem and fix it. Let's send a message to Harrisburg that it's time for a real change, the kind Raja can bring as a senator.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Maatta not a top rookie finalist
- Indictment alleges scheme defrauded government of $10 million
- Pa. men to plead guilty to smuggling equipment to Middle East
- Steeler testifies he didn’t know he was stabbed at first
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Former Steelers doctor claims agent held gun on him during pat down
- State College restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- ‘Save Chatham’ protesters ordered to leave Shadyside campus
- Highmark’s insurance profit falls 40%
- Kittanning man part of wrestling show benefitting Ford City Summerfest