Raja over Smith I
Election season is in full swing and many of the same familiar faces are running, yet it seems like nothing ever changes in Harrisburg. Maybe it is time for a fresh perspective — someone who embodies the American dream. In the 37th Senatorial District, Republican Raja is running on that very notion: creating jobs and leading by example.
He has done this by starting and growing a business and creating jobs both here in Western Pennsylvania and around the U.S. I have also heard him publicly declare that he will turn down the dreaded legislative per diems and pension. That is something I can get behind.
Meanwhile, it seems that Raja's Democrat opponent, state Rep. Matt Smith, wants to keep spending our money in Harrisburg, when what we really need is to boost the economy by creating jobs, providing tax incentives to small businesses and cutting out the wasteful government spending that pervades Harrisburg.
Sometimes, it takes a new point of view to see a problem and fix it. Let's send a message to Harrisburg that it's time for a real change, the kind Raja can bring as a senator.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: John Cena leaving WWE for Hollywood?
- Penn State to announce new athletic director
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- Washington Co. man arrested on child porn charges
- Steelers won’t negotiate Roethlisberger extension until after season
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- National city organization chooses Pittsburgh for 2016 gathering
- Kerry says no deal yet for 7-day truce in Gaza
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- Motorcycle runs off road in Butler County, kills Shaler man
- Suspended Penn-Trafford teacher charged with stalking student