Raja over Smith I
Published: Monday, October 8, 2012, 8:56 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Election season is in full swing and many of the same familiar faces are running, yet it seems like nothing ever changes in Harrisburg. Maybe it is time for a fresh perspective — someone who embodies the American dream. In the 37th Senatorial District, Republican Raja is running on that very notion: creating jobs and leading by example.
He has done this by starting and growing a business and creating jobs both here in Western Pennsylvania and around the U.S. I have also heard him publicly declare that he will turn down the dreaded legislative per diems and pension. That is something I can get behind.
Meanwhile, it seems that Raja's Democrat opponent, state Rep. Matt Smith, wants to keep spending our money in Harrisburg, when what we really need is to boost the economy by creating jobs, providing tax incentives to small businesses and cutting out the wasteful government spending that pervades Harrisburg.
Sometimes, it takes a new point of view to see a problem and fix it. Let's send a message to Harrisburg that it's time for a real change, the kind Raja can bring as a senator.
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Officer hurt while chasing suspect in Oakland
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Morton, quick start propel Pirates past Reds
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pitt gets commits from QB, local RB
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Foodie star Alton Brown is taking his act on the road
- NFL notebook: Patriots tight end Hernandez reportedly questioned by police
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.