Any insinuation the Cheswick Councilors Jon Skedel or Vicki Roolf have done anything positive for the borough is preposterous (“Laurels & Lances,” Oct. 5). They've been a circus sideshow — acting inappropriately and lacking any understanding of Cheswick's government, finances and culture.
Before Skedel and Roolf came to help, this “sleepy” but safe and comfortable community was in solid financial condition. The council obtained reasonable loans, made timely municipal improvements and maintained good roads and parks.
It had an updated water system and was working with the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection to address the long-term water supply issue. Its police and fire departments were trusted and respected.
We had moderate property taxes and the council acted in a dignified way.
Now, our only problems are several council members. We're marked by their poor behavior, incorrect and misleading statements at meetings and an assault charge against Skedel.
This is not what Cheswick residents want. If waking up means banding together to protest this mess, then consider the community wide awake.
Joan C. Kristof
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- 1 intruder killed, other shot and wounded in Carrick home invasion
- GM Colbert expects Roethlisberger to end career with Steelers
- Steelers WR Wheaton wants to produce after injury-plagued rookie year
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- Roethlisberger ‘prays’ he can stay with Steelers when deal expires
- Rostraver youth pastor accused of sexual contact with teen girl
- Former Gateway coach Smith is ‘perfect fit’ for Penn State football staff
- Confident rookie quarterback Manziel erratic early with Browns
- Steelers notebook: Ben believes rookie WR Bryant can contribute
- Central Blood Bank parent in merger talks with Florida system