Any insinuation the Cheswick Councilors Jon Skedel or Vicki Roolf have done anything positive for the borough is preposterous (“Laurels & Lances,” Oct. 5). They've been a circus sideshow — acting inappropriately and lacking any understanding of Cheswick's government, finances and culture.
Before Skedel and Roolf came to help, this “sleepy” but safe and comfortable community was in solid financial condition. The council obtained reasonable loans, made timely municipal improvements and maintained good roads and parks.
It had an updated water system and was working with the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection to address the long-term water supply issue. Its police and fire departments were trusted and respected.
We had moderate property taxes and the council acted in a dignified way.
Now, our only problems are several council members. We're marked by their poor behavior, incorrect and misleading statements at meetings and an assault charge against Skedel.
This is not what Cheswick residents want. If waking up means banding together to protest this mess, then consider the community wide awake.
Joan C. Kristof
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Harrison rejects criticism of disorderly conduct ordinance
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Ford City explores beefing up code enforcement
- RX Fit brings cross-training to Ford City
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Western Pa. districts aim to win back students from cyber charters
- Pa. judge identified who denied Trib request to view sexually explicit emails circulated in AG’s Office