Any insinuation the Cheswick Councilors Jon Skedel or Vicki Roolf have done anything positive for the borough is preposterous (“Laurels & Lances,” Oct. 5). They've been a circus sideshow — acting inappropriately and lacking any understanding of Cheswick's government, finances and culture.
Before Skedel and Roolf came to help, this “sleepy” but safe and comfortable community was in solid financial condition. The council obtained reasonable loans, made timely municipal improvements and maintained good roads and parks.
It had an updated water system and was working with the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection to address the long-term water supply issue. Its police and fire departments were trusted and respected.
We had moderate property taxes and the council acted in a dignified way.
Now, our only problems are several council members. We're marked by their poor behavior, incorrect and misleading statements at meetings and an assault charge against Skedel.
This is not what Cheswick residents want. If waking up means banding together to protest this mess, then consider the community wide awake.
Joan C. Kristof
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Pine-Richland’s DiNucci to Pitt; Kittanning’s Bowers opts for PSU
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses
- Tanker crash closes lane of Turnpike in Penn Township
- National Weather Service to evaluate work after missed call on storm
- Gorman: Not just a no-brainer for Pine-Richland’s DiNucci
- Leaders mark Auschwitz liberation 70 years on without Putin
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended 8 games for hit on Letang
- Blizzard howls its way into Boston but largely spares NYC