By The Tribune-Review
Published: Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2012, 9:05 p.m.
Any insinuation the Cheswick Councilors Jon Skedel or Vicki Roolf have done anything positive for the borough is preposterous (“Laurels & Lances,” Oct. 5). They've been a circus sideshow — acting inappropriately and lacking any understanding of Cheswick's government, finances and culture.
Before Skedel and Roolf came to help, this “sleepy” but safe and comfortable community was in solid financial condition. The council obtained reasonable loans, made timely municipal improvements and maintained good roads and parks.
It had an updated water system and was working with the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection to address the long-term water supply issue. Its police and fire departments were trusted and respected.
We had moderate property taxes and the council acted in a dignified way.
Now, our only problems are several council members. We're marked by their poor behavior, incorrect and misleading statements at meetings and an assault charge against Skedel.
This is not what Cheswick residents want. If waking up means banding together to protest this mess, then consider the community wide awake.
Joan C. Kristof
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Five years later, Crosby wants another Cup win
- Starkey: Fleury’s future at stake
- Burrell school board reviews security plan
- Bronze flower vases stolen from cemetery
- Watch out for the freeze
- Jailed Hribal ‘fine,’ but family ‘terrible’ as answers in stabbing sought
- Leechburg adds 2 part-time police officers
- Cheswick fire truck to arrive in June
- Brush fire season keeps firefighters busy
- Punxsutawney driver gets jail sentence for fatal crash
- South Fayette parents express dissatisfaction with handling of bullying