Two days off
Published: Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2012, 9:05 p.m.
Two days off
Why is Pennsylvania in such bad financial shape? Just look at who did not work on Monday — as always, our state government employees didn't.
But the real standout here is PennDOT. Not only was the driver's license center on Greensburg Road closed Monday for Columbus Day, it “observed” the holiday by taking off Saturday too.
I'm surprised the center didn't close for the anniversary of the moon landing. There's always next year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic captures 1st PIAA championship in OT thriller
- Kovacevic: A great day to appreciate No. 68
- Orpik skates with injured teammates, not expected back soon
- Steelers safety Polamalu finds himself in tough position
- Chat with Dejan Kovacevic: Dec. 13, 2013
- Jeffrey Manning elected president judge in Allegheny County
- LeBeau wants to come back as Steelers defensive coordinator
- Judge sends armed robbery case against Woodland Hills quarterback to juvenile court
- Penn Township man accused of trying to torch home
- Briscoe replaces Franchitti at Chip Ganassi Racing
- Woman held without bail in mailbox thefts in Shadyside, South Side