Published: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 8:59 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
We don't know if the continually smiling Joe Biden from last week's debate was the victim of a misplaced Botox shot, was an early sign of imbecility or that he had gas. But we do know that those images should make for some great GOP campaign commercials. ... Former Vice President and “green” shill Al Gore has stopped investing in green technology, reports National Review Online. That's based on a review of Ozone Al's quarterly report to the Securities and Exchange Commission for his Generation Investment (GI) company (and never mind a Washington Post story that touts Mr. Gore's windfalls from past “green” investments). GI has invested virtually nothing in green darlings such as wind, solar and biomass but is big on investments in China. Betting against America, Al? ... The Daily Mail of London reports that Caroll Spinney, the actor behind Sesame Street's Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch, is paid about $314,000 a year. And tax returns for PBS's Sesame Workshop show even higher salaries for other members of the show's puppet brigade. We'd add more details here, but, hey, it's time for another pledge break.
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Pitt gets commits from QB, local RB
- Morton, quick start propel Pirates past Reds
- Bethel Park offensive lineman Grimm picks Pitt
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Plan for Greensburg loft apartments receives approval
- Morsy scorned for appointment of ‘terrorist’
- Highmark to extend self-insurance plans to small businesses
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.