Bad sign for city’s image
Published: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 8:59 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
A new Pennsylvania Adopt-A-Highway sign has appeared on Interstate 279 South, just south of the Venture Street exit. The sponsor of this stretch of highway is Blush Gentlemen's Club.
Really? Is this really how the folks of Pennsylvania want a main artery to their second-largest city represented?
I'm all for free speech, but this is an embarrassment to the great things this city has accomplished in recent decades.
Come on, we have world-class health care, some of the best universities in the nation, an amazing Cultural District, a vibrant dining scene, a budding technology sector and top-notch sports facilities. A free advertisement for a strip club on a main thoroughfare is how we want to showcase ourselves to the world?
Surely we can do better than that.
We need to wake up. This is just bad publicity for Pittsburgh and the region!
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Morton, quick start propel Pirates past Reds
- Glassport council president resigns
- West Mifflin council tables plan to regulate borough resale shops
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Police find burglary suspect’s cellphone at crime scene
- Interest in Jack the Ripper inspires California writer’s novel
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Reserve woman found shot to death in home
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.