Bad sign for Pittsburgh's image
A new Pennsylvania Adopt-A-Highway sign has appeared on Interstate 279 South, just south of the Venture Street exit. The sponsor of this stretch of highway is Blush Gentlemen's Club.
Really? Is this really how the folks of Pennsylvania want a main artery to their second-largest city represented?
I'm all for free speech, but this is an embarrassment to the great things this city has accomplished in recent decades.
Come on, we have world-class health care, some of the best universities in the nation, an amazing Cultural District, a vibrant dining scene, a budding technology sector and top-notch sports facilities. A free advertisement for a strip club on a main thoroughfare is how we want to showcase ourselves to the world?
Surely we can do better than that.
We need to wake up. This is just bad publicity for Pittsburgh and the region!
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Fastball command issues hurt Cole against Cubs
- Rossi: Cole is simply not good enough for Pirates
- High school notebook: WPIAL title games could stay at The Pete, Heinz Field
- Feds tapped top Pa. Treasury official’s phone during McCord probe
- Environmental watchdog sues world’s largest steelmaker over Pennsylvania pollution
- New-look Steelers secondary is gaining some cohesion
- Unity supervisors propose joint public meeting with school board
- Fishing report: Steelhead scarce, but other fishing good
- Fed insight gives stocks room to run; S&P 500 regains 2,000 mark
- FBI, other authorities serve search warrant on methadone clinic near Uniontown
- Penguins recall Maatta in time for season opener in Dallas