Bad sign for Pittsburgh's image
A new Pennsylvania Adopt-A-Highway sign has appeared on Interstate 279 South, just south of the Venture Street exit. The sponsor of this stretch of highway is Blush Gentlemen's Club.
Really? Is this really how the folks of Pennsylvania want a main artery to their second-largest city represented?
I'm all for free speech, but this is an embarrassment to the great things this city has accomplished in recent decades.
Come on, we have world-class health care, some of the best universities in the nation, an amazing Cultural District, a vibrant dining scene, a budding technology sector and top-notch sports facilities. A free advertisement for a strip club on a main thoroughfare is how we want to showcase ourselves to the world?
Surely we can do better than that.
We need to wake up. This is just bad publicity for Pittsburgh and the region!
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers accomplish mission to get younger, faster on defense
- Bubble players get last chance to impress Steelers
- McKeesport council approves mineral rights lease under Renzie Park
- Residents oppose sewage tank plan
- Locke struggles again early, Pirates lose again in Milwaukee
- Ex-Port Vue police chief recognized
- McKeesport honors ‘message’ bearers
- Electrical cable fire leads to bridge closure
- EDA rejects Ford City’s offer to repay debt over 50 years
- Western Pennsylvania schools’ denial of access to roofers prompts suit
- Defense seeks delay in start of Kittanning Township teen’s murder trial