Bad sign for city's image
A new Pennsylvania Adopt-A-Highway sign has appeared on Interstate 279 South, just south of the Venture Street exit. The sponsor of this stretch of highway is Blush Gentlemen's Club.
Really? Is this really how the folks of Pennsylvania want a main artery to their second-largest city represented?
I'm all for free speech, but this is an embarrassment to the great things this city has accomplished in recent decades.
Come on, we have world-class health care, some of the best universities in the nation, an amazing Cultural District, a vibrant dining scene, a budding technology sector and top-notch sports facilities. A free advertisement for a strip club on a main thoroughfare is how we want to showcase ourselves to the world?
Surely we can do better than that.
We need to wake up. This is just bad publicity for Pittsburgh and the region!
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Allegheny County public works director leaves job
- Beaver DA believes girls might have lived had dad responded faster
- Rossi: Johnston must reach Malkin in Moscow
- Steelers are in familiar territory going into training camp in Latrobe
- Man tries to lure teen into white van in Hempfield, police report
- Retail theft attempt turns violent in Monroeville store parking lot
- New Penguins coach to meet with Malkin
- Interest high for Heinz Field soccer match between top Euro teams
- Uber, Lyft get tentative PUC permission to operate in Allegheny County
- Gateway School District gets a little more clear on backpack policy
- Beaver County deputy ordered to stand trial for obstruction, false swearing