Bad sign for Pittsburgh's image
A new Pennsylvania Adopt-A-Highway sign has appeared on Interstate 279 South, just south of the Venture Street exit. The sponsor of this stretch of highway is Blush Gentlemen's Club.
Really? Is this really how the folks of Pennsylvania want a main artery to their second-largest city represented?
I'm all for free speech, but this is an embarrassment to the great things this city has accomplished in recent decades.
Come on, we have world-class health care, some of the best universities in the nation, an amazing Cultural District, a vibrant dining scene, a budding technology sector and top-notch sports facilities. A free advertisement for a strip club on a main thoroughfare is how we want to showcase ourselves to the world?
Surely we can do better than that.
We need to wake up. This is just bad publicity for Pittsburgh and the region!
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates can’t overcome long rain delay, Indians in interleague setback
- Pirates notebook: Taillon headed for surgery, Richard traded
- Gorman: Barnstorming tour bigger than baseball
- Tiny black weevils booming in W.Pa.
- New Penguin Kessel’s shot is what makes him special
- Ex-teammates say Kessel unfairly criticized
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Indians, July 4, 2015
- MLB notebook: Yankees to donate $150K to charity for A-Rod’s 3,000th hit ball
- America’s path to freedom reflected in region’s numerous historic sites
- Russian winger Plotnikov could join Penguins in August
- Youngwood man’s crash knocks out power in Monessen