If Gov. Corbett were actually serious about dismantling the state's coercive liquor sales monopoly, instead of touting a new nominee to the Liquor Control Board — which should not even exist — he would begin by advocating the dismantling of the LCB itself (“LCB nears privatization with Corbett's nominees,” Oct. 6 and TribLIVE.com).
This socialist trade-restraining organization has violated the rights of Pennsylvanians for decades and has caused market-distorting effects that have exclusively benefited Harrisburg's pull-peddling politicians and their union overlords.
Amesh A. Adalja
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Newest Penguin Kessel’s unique shot is what makes him so special
- Ex-teammates say Kessel unfairly criticized
- Tiny black weevils booming in W.Pa.
- Pirates notebook: Taillon headed for surgery, Richard traded
- Gorman: Barnstorming tour bigger than baseball
- Russian winger Plotnikov could join Penguins in August
- Airlines offer small conveniences to counter higher fees, less space
- Lion cubs jump hurdles in Gaza Strip in journey to Jordan sanctuary
- McDonald’s localizes menus to battle growing competition
- Consider these factors before opting for longer-term auto loan
- America’s path to freedom reflected in region’s numerous historic sites