Connellsville Laurels & Lances
Community support: We encourage residents today to visit South Connellsville Borough, where several community activities are scheduled. The day starts at 9 a.m. with a soapbox derby down Pittsburgh Street, followed by a car show and other entertainment throughout the afternoon.
Laurel: To the Connellsville Recreation Board. The volunteer organization once again is thinking outside the box and looking for special things that will bring the community to our beloved East Park. We hope residents will support the board's plans for its special Halloween program, scheduled Oct. 20 at East Park. There will be a movie and other events that day.
Laurel: To Southmoreland Middle School. It's a semifinalist for the Breakthrough Schools Award, a national recognition. The distinction identifies, recognizes and showcases middle and high schools that serve large numbers of students living in poverty and are high achieving or dramatically improving in student achievement. We applaud the small Westmoreland County school on its nomination and wait for November's announcement of the award finalists.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Icy roads slow traffic across Western Pa.
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Penguins GM prepares for emotional series against Carolina
- Pitt receiver Boyd continues to grow on and off the field
- Penguins notebook: Winning home games crucial for Penguins
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Allegheny County Council wants to hike members’ $3K expense accounts
- No federal funds to help enforce Pa. ban on texting by drivers
- Youngwood gets 1st full-size grocery in nearly 20 years