Connellsville Laurels & Lances
Community support: We encourage residents today to visit South Connellsville Borough, where several community activities are scheduled. The day starts at 9 a.m. with a soapbox derby down Pittsburgh Street, followed by a car show and other entertainment throughout the afternoon.
Laurel: To the Connellsville Recreation Board. The volunteer organization once again is thinking outside the box and looking for special things that will bring the community to our beloved East Park. We hope residents will support the board's plans for its special Halloween program, scheduled Oct. 20 at East Park. There will be a movie and other events that day.
Laurel: To Southmoreland Middle School. It's a semifinalist for the Breakthrough Schools Award, a national recognition. The distinction identifies, recognizes and showcases middle and high schools that serve large numbers of students living in poverty and are high achieving or dramatically improving in student achievement. We applaud the small Westmoreland County school on its nomination and wait for November's announcement of the award finalists.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Carnegie Mellon grad’s tweak to tweets turns 7
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Upper Tyrone supervisor hopes to mitigate trash dumping problem
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- On border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot
- States clear way for startups to use crowdfunding
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade