Connellsville Laurels & Lances
Community support: We encourage residents today to visit South Connellsville Borough, where several community activities are scheduled. The day starts at 9 a.m. with a soapbox derby down Pittsburgh Street, followed by a car show and other entertainment throughout the afternoon.
Laurel: To the Connellsville Recreation Board. The volunteer organization once again is thinking outside the box and looking for special things that will bring the community to our beloved East Park. We hope residents will support the board's plans for its special Halloween program, scheduled Oct. 20 at East Park. There will be a movie and other events that day.
Laurel: To Southmoreland Middle School. It's a semifinalist for the Breakthrough Schools Award, a national recognition. The distinction identifies, recognizes and showcases middle and high schools that serve large numbers of students living in poverty and are high achieving or dramatically improving in student achievement. We applaud the small Westmoreland County school on its nomination and wait for November's announcement of the award finalists.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Egypt’s beleaguered tourism industry bounces back
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Pitt beats Syracuse, snaps 3-game losing streak
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- Small retailers at intersection of social networks, foot traffic
- Leak of grand jury information could cost Attorney General Kane
- Freezing rain hits Western Pennsylvania, many accidents reported
- The bullet inside your body ‘becomes a part of you’
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise