Connellsville Laurels & Lances
Community support: We encourage residents today to visit South Connellsville Borough, where several community activities are scheduled. The day starts at 9 a.m. with a soapbox derby down Pittsburgh Street, followed by a car show and other entertainment throughout the afternoon.
Laurel: To the Connellsville Recreation Board. The volunteer organization once again is thinking outside the box and looking for special things that will bring the community to our beloved East Park. We hope residents will support the board's plans for its special Halloween program, scheduled Oct. 20 at East Park. There will be a movie and other events that day.
Laurel: To Southmoreland Middle School. It's a semifinalist for the Breakthrough Schools Award, a national recognition. The distinction identifies, recognizes and showcases middle and high schools that serve large numbers of students living in poverty and are high achieving or dramatically improving in student achievement. We applaud the small Westmoreland County school on its nomination and wait for November's announcement of the award finalists.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- Steelers clinch trip to postseason with big victory over Chiefs
- Steelers-Bengals game to start at 8:30 p.m.
- Downie, Farnham bringing a much-needed edge to the Penguins
- Heyward, swarming defense get best of Chiefs in Steelers’ win
- Pittsburgh mayor Peduto goes ‘Undercover’ for CBS reality show
- Missed chances haunt Chiefs against Steelers
- Pittsburgh police doubling up on duty after potential threats
- Steelers notebook: Gay respects ‘anything’ referees call
- Search for Duquesne University graduate Kochu continues