Connellsville Laurels & Lances
Community support: We encourage residents today to visit South Connellsville Borough, where several community activities are scheduled. The day starts at 9 a.m. with a soapbox derby down Pittsburgh Street, followed by a car show and other entertainment throughout the afternoon.
Laurel: To the Connellsville Recreation Board. The volunteer organization once again is thinking outside the box and looking for special things that will bring the community to our beloved East Park. We hope residents will support the board's plans for its special Halloween program, scheduled Oct. 20 at East Park. There will be a movie and other events that day.
Laurel: To Southmoreland Middle School. It's a semifinalist for the Breakthrough Schools Award, a national recognition. The distinction identifies, recognizes and showcases middle and high schools that serve large numbers of students living in poverty and are high achieving or dramatically improving in student achievement. We applaud the small Westmoreland County school on its nomination and wait for November's announcement of the award finalists.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- White Oak moves forward on community center
- Liberty hires 2 part-time police officers, honors another
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Demand for hazmat suits due to Ebola outbreak triples firm’s production
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras