Sixteen trillion dollars, as in $16,000,000,000,000: That is how much our nation is in debt, and $5 trillion came under the Obama administration.
If we keep adding to this mountain of debt, it will be so far out of reach that we will be unable to pay for anything — no Social Security, Medicare, welfare, government pensions, the military.
This is not a “talking point.” It's a “taking point.” They are taking money from you, your children, their children and giving you nothing but a promise that all will be fine. Don't worry, be happy, with all of the freebies because we need your vote today. Remember, that is the future of the 47 percent and the 53 percent because 100 percent of us will be broke together.
Please vote for the candidate who you believe will be the most fiscally conservative. Make your 2016 self proud of the stand you took in 2012.
The writer is a Lower Burrell native.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers won’t negotiate Roethlisberger extension until after season
- LaBar: John Cena leaving WWE for Hollywood?
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- National city organization chooses Pittsburgh for 2016 gathering
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- More than 800 marijuana plants seized in Washington County
- Suspended Penn-Trafford teacher charged with stalking student
- Penn State to announce new athletic director
- Injured eagle in Somerset County returns to the wild
- Small plane goes down near Grove City
- Motorcycle runs off road in Butler County, kills Shaler man