Sixteen trillion dollars, as in $16,000,000,000,000: That is how much our nation is in debt, and $5 trillion came under the Obama administration.
If we keep adding to this mountain of debt, it will be so far out of reach that we will be unable to pay for anything — no Social Security, Medicare, welfare, government pensions, the military.
This is not a “talking point.” It's a “taking point.” They are taking money from you, your children, their children and giving you nothing but a promise that all will be fine. Don't worry, be happy, with all of the freebies because we need your vote today. Remember, that is the future of the 47 percent and the 53 percent because 100 percent of us will be broke together.
Please vote for the candidate who you believe will be the most fiscally conservative. Make your 2016 self proud of the stand you took in 2012.
The writer is a Lower Burrell native.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Regulators release details of Highmark’s post-UPMC transition plan
- Pittsburgh hires consultant, former Wisconsin police captain as chief
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- TED Talks event to appeal to Pittsburgh millennials
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Tomlin: Steelers preparing to face both Browns QBs
- More pipelines proposed to carry Marcellus gas to southeast markets
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Western Pa. districts aim to win back students from cyber charters