Sixteen trillion dollars, as in $16,000,000,000,000: That is how much our nation is in debt, and $5 trillion came under the Obama administration.
If we keep adding to this mountain of debt, it will be so far out of reach that we will be unable to pay for anything — no Social Security, Medicare, welfare, government pensions, the military.
This is not a “talking point.” It's a “taking point.” They are taking money from you, your children, their children and giving you nothing but a promise that all will be fine. Don't worry, be happy, with all of the freebies because we need your vote today. Remember, that is the future of the 47 percent and the 53 percent because 100 percent of us will be broke together.
Please vote for the candidate who you believe will be the most fiscally conservative. Make your 2016 self proud of the stand you took in 2012.
The writer is a Lower Burrell native.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Pitt notebook: Chryst didn’t lobby to keep Watt at tight end
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Steelers players are ready for annual runway turn for charity
- Serra Catholic boys soccer team loses WPIAL 1st-round game to Avonworth, 1-0
- Vin Diesel showing some love for Pittsburgh and co-star
- Riverview embracing underdog role in WPIAL first-round win
- Geibel goalie saves game during shootout, beats Carlynton
- State Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal