By The Tribune-Review
Published: Saturday, Oct. 13, 2012, 8:59 p.m.
Sixteen trillion dollars, as in $16,000,000,000,000: That is how much our nation is in debt, and $5 trillion came under the Obama administration.
If we keep adding to this mountain of debt, it will be so far out of reach that we will be unable to pay for anything — no Social Security, Medicare, welfare, government pensions, the military.
This is not a “talking point.” It's a “taking point.” They are taking money from you, your children, their children and giving you nothing but a promise that all will be fine. Don't worry, be happy, with all of the freebies because we need your vote today. Remember, that is the future of the 47 percent and the 53 percent because 100 percent of us will be broke together.
Please vote for the candidate who you believe will be the most fiscally conservative. Make your 2016 self proud of the stand you took in 2012.
The writer is a Lower Burrell native.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Maatta not a top rookie finalist
- Former PPG executive indicted in fatal NH crash
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- Wilkinsburg woman, 24, dies in crash
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Heyl: Even crooks know UPMC’s full of it
- Alaska’s Iditarod Trail challenges Unity couple
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records
- Eddie Merlot’s steakhouse attracts with menu, wines, decor