Published: Saturday, October 13, 2012, 8:59 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Sixteen trillion dollars, as in $16,000,000,000,000: That is how much our nation is in debt, and $5 trillion came under the Obama administration.
If we keep adding to this mountain of debt, it will be so far out of reach that we will be unable to pay for anything — no Social Security, Medicare, welfare, government pensions, the military.
This is not a “talking point.” It's a “taking point.” They are taking money from you, your children, their children and giving you nothing but a promise that all will be fine. Don't worry, be happy, with all of the freebies because we need your vote today. Remember, that is the future of the 47 percent and the 53 percent because 100 percent of us will be broke together.
Please vote for the candidate who you believe will be the most fiscally conservative. Make your 2016 self proud of the stand you took in 2012.
The writer is a Lower Burrell native.
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Turnout light across Western Pa. as voters hit polls
- Senators exude confidence after stirring Game 3 victory
- Free admission for military at Oakland’s Carnegie Museums
- Quaker Valley board will use reserve to bridge budget gap
- Penguins notebook: Jokinen’s faceoff skills may be needed
- Pitt basketball team to play in Legends Classic
- Penguins Insider: Players’ focus in right place
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.