Sixteen trillion dollars, as in $16,000,000,000,000: That is how much our nation is in debt, and $5 trillion came under the Obama administration.
If we keep adding to this mountain of debt, it will be so far out of reach that we will be unable to pay for anything — no Social Security, Medicare, welfare, government pensions, the military.
This is not a “talking point.” It's a “taking point.” They are taking money from you, your children, their children and giving you nothing but a promise that all will be fine. Don't worry, be happy, with all of the freebies because we need your vote today. Remember, that is the future of the 47 percent and the 53 percent because 100 percent of us will be broke together.
Please vote for the candidate who you believe will be the most fiscally conservative. Make your 2016 self proud of the stand you took in 2012.
The writer is a Lower Burrell native.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Rutherford shines as old boss pouts
- Ford City targeting development of former industrial land
- SummerFest kicks off in Ford City
- Animal rights grup protests in Pleasant Hills
- Sheriff starts fundraising to buy drug-sniffing K-9 officer for Armstrong
- Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Tigers
- Gov. Wolf vetoes bill to privatize Pennsylvania’s liquor system
- Shaken by economic, political turmoil, MLB forsaking Venezuela
- Penguins’ Kessel ‘thrilled’ with chance to play with Crosby, Malkin
- Hurricanes owner rips Rutherford, Penguins
- Attorney General’s twin sister sued by FBI agent ex-boyfriend