During the 2000 election campaign, U.S. Senator Don Nickles (R-Okla.) was asked about the Republican quest to privatize Social Security and how millions of Social Security recipients would respond.
He said the Republicans weren't concerned and people are easily led.
Was he telling us we cannot think for ourselves and we need someone to make decisions for us?
Or is he speaking only to the misinformed followers of the Republican Party?
A few years later, Nickles left the Senate and started a lobbying firm.
We haven't heard much from him since.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Some Thomas Jefferson HS parents told to bring more appropriate clothes to school for their kids
- Paramedics rescue flip-flop-wearing man from steep hillside
- Steelers wrap lackluster preseason with loss to Panthers
- Young adults drive home rental trend in Western Pennsylvania
- Ex-Pittsburgh teacher settles discrimination suit
- End in sight for Route 28 construction
- Cause of Harrison mobile home fire can’t be found
- Moon man arrested on child porn charges
- 10 awesome things you didn’t know your phone could do
- Penguins confident Pouliot will be healthy, ready for camp
- West Mifflin fire displaces family