America didn't lose II
The editorial “Obama wins: America loses (again)” is eight years too late and should have been printed the day after the 2004 election, when the Republican/neoconservative wrecking crew headed by Bush-Cheney was re-elected.
This election's exit polls show that voters knew exactly where to place the blame for America's woes — Bush-Cheney.
The Trib should also take a clue from Mitt Romney's gracious concession speech, or is the Trib looking forward to four more years of obstinate divisiveness from Republicans?
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Brady free to play after judge rules against NFL in ‘Deflategate’
- Steelers accomplish mission to get younger, faster on defense
- 2 arrested after Jeannette raid turns up heroin, crack, gun
- Asking price for Penguins franchise said to be at a record $750M
- Morning delay: Banksville Road contractor failed to give notice of lane restriction
- Bubble players get last chance to impress Steelers
- Alcoa putting $60M into Upper Burrell tech center expansion
- Sto-Rox High School announces early dismissal because of heat
- Fifth Third Bank selling Pittsburgh branches to First National
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- 4-year-old transplant recipient Angelo Giorno from Derry on life support, family says