More of the same
More of the same
Big government, big spending live on.
China, the world's largest holder of U.S. debt, has to be salivating over Obama's re-election. Spending will continue. Debt will continue.
China has plans for us. Obama rejected Simpson-Bowles. Going into his second term, he will not be able to reject future Chinese terms for the privilege of borrowing more money from them.
Government was not the solution to our problems, Reagan told us; it was our problem. That sentiment is as dead as he is.
Big government has won game, set, match. So, Obama wins re-election. What does this mean?
It means the wealth takers — our government — won. The wealth creators — American small business — lost.
In the inimitable words of Donald Trump from this past summer, “You know, we got stupid people running our country.”
Tom Sullivan of the Fox Business channel recently remarked, “We got C-minus people running our government.”
And so it remains, stupid C-minus people still in charge of this country.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Protest planned Monday at Plum Borough High School
- Behind Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Diamondbacks
- Pirates notebook: Wainwright injury doesn’t sway Hurdle on DH
- Counselors available at Hempfield after crash kills student
- Crosby, Malkin want to remain in Pittsburgh
- Hempfield teen hurt in single-vehicle crash
- A host of top NFL Draft picks figure to be versatile defensive linemen
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season
- Oak Ridge couple transforms 1820 house into quaint bed and breakfast
- CCAC-South softball advances to district championships
- Penguins notebook: Crosby to play in worlds for 1st time since 2006