More of the same
More of the same
Big government, big spending live on.
China, the world's largest holder of U.S. debt, has to be salivating over Obama's re-election. Spending will continue. Debt will continue.
China has plans for us. Obama rejected Simpson-Bowles. Going into his second term, he will not be able to reject future Chinese terms for the privilege of borrowing more money from them.
Government was not the solution to our problems, Reagan told us; it was our problem. That sentiment is as dead as he is.
Big government has won game, set, match. So, Obama wins re-election. What does this mean?
It means the wealth takers — our government — won. The wealth creators — American small business — lost.
In the inimitable words of Donald Trump from this past summer, “You know, we got stupid people running our country.”
Tom Sullivan of the Fox Business channel recently remarked, “We got C-minus people running our government.”
And so it remains, stupid C-minus people still in charge of this country.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ 5-game winning streak ends with 1-0 loss to Brewers
- More companies embrace exchanges to curb health care costs
- Penguins notebook: Crosby sits, could be out ‘couple days’
- Paying tuition a challenge as costs skyrocket and aid varies
- Gas industry remedies ‘brain drain’ in Western Pennsylvania
- Pitt blows 10-point lead as Iowa rallies for win
- Hill District leaders irked as Penguins submit former Civic Arena site plan to city
- Electricity rates expected to increase this winter
- Starkey: Can Steelers’ Mitchell find Carolina cure?
- Penn State rolls past Massachusetts
- Penguins’ Rutherford hopes to raise Cup again