More of the same
Published: Monday, November 12, 2012, 8:52 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
More of the same
Big government, big spending live on.
China, the world's largest holder of U.S. debt, has to be salivating over Obama's re-election. Spending will continue. Debt will continue.
China has plans for us. Obama rejected Simpson-Bowles. Going into his second term, he will not be able to reject future Chinese terms for the privilege of borrowing more money from them.
Government was not the solution to our problems, Reagan told us; it was our problem. That sentiment is as dead as he is.
Big government has won game, set, match. So, Obama wins re-election. What does this mean?
It means the wealth takers — our government — won. The wealth creators — American small business — lost.
In the inimitable words of Donald Trump from this past summer, “You know, we got stupid people running our country.”
Tom Sullivan of the Fox Business channel recently remarked, “We got C-minus people running our government.”
And so it remains, stupid C-minus people still in charge of this country.
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Sales might speed bidders’ pulses
- Obama’s empty ‘justice’
- Shooting blanks
- Dawson council, VFD members to meet
- The Incredible Inman: Louis Gossett Jr. was threatening force in ’84 movie ‘The Guardian’
- Mama Mio Clean Slate
- ‘Warehouse 13’ star wrestled with his demons
- Golf roundup: Jennifer Johnson wins first LPGA title
- Photographer, bank vice president amont Circle Award winners
- Ladies Hospital Aid Society toasts outgoing president
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.