More of the same
More of the same
Big government, big spending live on.
China, the world's largest holder of U.S. debt, has to be salivating over Obama's re-election. Spending will continue. Debt will continue.
China has plans for us. Obama rejected Simpson-Bowles. Going into his second term, he will not be able to reject future Chinese terms for the privilege of borrowing more money from them.
Government was not the solution to our problems, Reagan told us; it was our problem. That sentiment is as dead as he is.
Big government has won game, set, match. So, Obama wins re-election. What does this mean?
It means the wealth takers — our government — won. The wealth creators — American small business — lost.
In the inimitable words of Donald Trump from this past summer, “You know, we got stupid people running our country.”
Tom Sullivan of the Fox Business channel recently remarked, “We got C-minus people running our government.”
And so it remains, stupid C-minus people still in charge of this country.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Turnpike accident kills 1
- Tomlin: Possible Steelers midseason surge won’t come easy vs. Colts
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- North Catholic High School principal steps down
- Parents of duct-taped Highlands student don’t want charges
- Military commissary opening draws 400 visitors
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- 5 selected thus far for jury in Ferrante trial
- Hundreds mourn Pittsburgh trash collector killed by gunfire
- Homeland Security orders new screening for Ebola