More of the same
More of the same
Big government, big spending live on.
China, the world's largest holder of U.S. debt, has to be salivating over Obama's re-election. Spending will continue. Debt will continue.
China has plans for us. Obama rejected Simpson-Bowles. Going into his second term, he will not be able to reject future Chinese terms for the privilege of borrowing more money from them.
Government was not the solution to our problems, Reagan told us; it was our problem. That sentiment is as dead as he is.
Big government has won game, set, match. So, Obama wins re-election. What does this mean?
It means the wealth takers — our government — won. The wealth creators — American small business — lost.
In the inimitable words of Donald Trump from this past summer, “You know, we got stupid people running our country.”
Tom Sullivan of the Fox Business channel recently remarked, “We got C-minus people running our government.”
And so it remains, stupid C-minus people still in charge of this country.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Locke’s difficulties continue thanks to old friends
- Police: Body found beneath Tarentum Bridge is jumper
- City of Asylum app shines light on North Side
- NFL notebook: Goodell defends Rice’s 2-game suspension
- West Mifflin Legion team exits state tournament
- 3rd-party hopefuls abandon bids for Pennsylvania governor
- MLB notebook: New Cardinals starters added to active roster
- Pitt suspends cornerback Howard
- Americans in N. Korea beg U.S. for help as trials on vague charges draw near
- Police target 17 in Mon Valley drug investigation
- Steelers aim to create more turnovers this year with speedier defense