Making the best of it III
Published: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 9:01 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
A silver lining to the recent election is the victories that voters in several states achieved in increasing liberty with respect to marijuana and same-sex marriage.
These successful ballot initiatives reflect the fact that liberty includes the right to one's own body and the right to enter into a marriage contract with whomever one wishes, irrespective of the wishes of the majority and their tyrannical, puritanical guiding philosophy.
Amesh A. Adalja
- Hot days, cool books: Plenty of good choices for summer reads
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Port Vue author is finalist in Amazon contest
- Retailers cash in on the ’stache craze, as its popularity regrows
- New ‘Arrested Development’ season set for Netflix debut
- Senators notebook: MacLean puts onus on veterans
- Male wounded in Rankin shooting
- Medicaid expansion: Corbett’s push-back
- Stock market ends week with loss
- IRS’ next target: Health care
- Lose the anxiety for dating success
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.