Voters the problem, not Mitt
Regarding Lowman S. Henry's column “The post-mortem: The GOP sacrificed its core message & lost” (Nov. 11 and TribLIVE.com): It is wrong to blame Mitt Romney for this election loss. He is a good man who gave the country a clear choice.
The problem with this country is the voters . Too many of us want something for nothing, and we're not smart enough to foresee the inevitable disaster that is coming our way.
However, it is increasingly clear to me, through 59-plus years of watchful and thoughtful observations, that there really is an active, present, aware and involved God in the workings of the world.
To nonbelievers it looks like luck or chance or probabilities or whatever. But once you see good things happen as often as I have, you begin to recognize it when you see it. And I have seen a lot.
So, cheer up! This is going to turn out OK. I don't know how. But I know it will.
When it does, we can talk about how it came to be and why we couldn't predict or foresee it ourselves. It really is a beautiful thing.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Judge refuses to reduce bail for McKeesport robbery suspect
- Civic organization donates to Clairton Police Department
- Pirates’ Worley tosses 4-hit shutout vs. Giants
- West Mifflin woman held for court, accused of leaving baby unattended
- Approval for Wal-Mart closer in McCandless
- Killer sharks are taking over the air, and the airwaves
- Pirates expect high prices in trade market
- Freeport grad picks PSAC’s Mercyhurst
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- Westmoreland women stole thousands to finance dog show appearances
- Undefeated West Mifflin set to open American Legion state tournament