Voters the problem, not Mitt
Regarding Lowman S. Henry's column “The post-mortem: The GOP sacrificed its core message & lost” (Nov. 11 and TribLIVE.com): It is wrong to blame Mitt Romney for this election loss. He is a good man who gave the country a clear choice.
The problem with this country is the voters . Too many of us want something for nothing, and we're not smart enough to foresee the inevitable disaster that is coming our way.
However, it is increasingly clear to me, through 59-plus years of watchful and thoughtful observations, that there really is an active, present, aware and involved God in the workings of the world.
To nonbelievers it looks like luck or chance or probabilities or whatever. But once you see good things happen as often as I have, you begin to recognize it when you see it. And I have seen a lot.
So, cheer up! This is going to turn out OK. I don't know how. But I know it will.
When it does, we can talk about how it came to be and why we couldn't predict or foresee it ourselves. It really is a beautiful thing.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers accomplish mission to get younger, faster on defense
- 4-year-old transplant recipient Angelo Giorno from Derry on life support, family says
- High school football notebook: WPNT to televise games this season
- Previewing the NFL’s American Football Conference
- Steelers reporter Mark Kaboly’s NFL playoff picks
- Hacker stuns Dayton family with computer takeover
- NFL going back to the future with Los Angeles
- Previewing the NFL’s National Football Conference
- Name of game is content for in-game experience at NFL stadiums
- Through all gimmicks, NFL remains downfield passer league
- Point after touchdowns are extra special in NFL this season