Voters the problem, not Mitt
Regarding Lowman S. Henry's column “The post-mortem: The GOP sacrificed its core message & lost” (Nov. 11 and TribLIVE.com): It is wrong to blame Mitt Romney for this election loss. He is a good man who gave the country a clear choice.
The problem with this country is the voters . Too many of us want something for nothing, and we're not smart enough to foresee the inevitable disaster that is coming our way.
However, it is increasingly clear to me, through 59-plus years of watchful and thoughtful observations, that there really is an active, present, aware and involved God in the workings of the world.
To nonbelievers it looks like luck or chance or probabilities or whatever. But once you see good things happen as often as I have, you begin to recognize it when you see it. And I have seen a lot.
So, cheer up! This is going to turn out OK. I don't know how. But I know it will.
When it does, we can talk about how it came to be and why we couldn't predict or foresee it ourselves. It really is a beautiful thing.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘Pelican Dreams’ strikes gold with big birds
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Cathedral may host slave trade museum
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Heart stent implanted, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg goes home
- McCarthy-era felon: Lies doomed me
- Firefighters extinguish fire that damages 6 cabs at Yellow Cab Co.
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Justices consider social media, free speech
- Remember our troops
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches 800 career points