Voters the problem, not Mitt
Regarding Lowman S. Henry's column “The post-mortem: The GOP sacrificed its core message & lost” (Nov. 11 and TribLIVE.com): It is wrong to blame Mitt Romney for this election loss. He is a good man who gave the country a clear choice.
The problem with this country is the voters . Too many of us want something for nothing, and we're not smart enough to foresee the inevitable disaster that is coming our way.
However, it is increasingly clear to me, through 59-plus years of watchful and thoughtful observations, that there really is an active, present, aware and involved God in the workings of the world.
To nonbelievers it looks like luck or chance or probabilities or whatever. But once you see good things happen as often as I have, you begin to recognize it when you see it. And I have seen a lot.
So, cheer up! This is going to turn out OK. I don't know how. But I know it will.
When it does, we can talk about how it came to be and why we couldn't predict or foresee it ourselves. It really is a beautiful thing.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt upsets No. 8 Notre Dame to snap losing streak
- Nation sick of Obama blunders, Perry tells state Republicans
- UPMC researcher who died of cyanide poisoning committed suicide
- Ambridge fire brought quickly under control
- HOF finalist Bettis ‘behind everything’ in 2005 Super Bowl run
- Rooney says Pittsburgh is ‘good place’ for next northern Super Bowl
- Conductor Krzysztof Urbanski shines in Heinz Hall debut
- Penguins finally break through, defeat Devils at Prudential Center
- Route 19 accident in Mt. Lebanon injures five people
- Penguins notebook: Bennett a healthy scratch
- Dungy, Greene represent more Steelers ties in hall of fame voting