Voters the problem, not Mitt
Regarding Lowman S. Henry's column “The post-mortem: The GOP sacrificed its core message & lost” (Nov. 11 and TribLIVE.com): It is wrong to blame Mitt Romney for this election loss. He is a good man who gave the country a clear choice.
The problem with this country is the voters . Too many of us want something for nothing, and we're not smart enough to foresee the inevitable disaster that is coming our way.
However, it is increasingly clear to me, through 59-plus years of watchful and thoughtful observations, that there really is an active, present, aware and involved God in the workings of the world.
To nonbelievers it looks like luck or chance or probabilities or whatever. But once you see good things happen as often as I have, you begin to recognize it when you see it. And I have seen a lot.
So, cheer up! This is going to turn out OK. I don't know how. But I know it will.
When it does, we can talk about how it came to be and why we couldn't predict or foresee it ourselves. It really is a beautiful thing.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins trade Sutter to Canucks, sign free agent center Fehr
- Videos spur dozens to protest outside Pittsburgh Planned Parenthood
- Victims of sexual violence getting better information about offenders’ status
- Inside the Steelers: Ventrone suffers right ankle injury
- Steelers RB Archer trying to catch up after tough rookie season
- Famous African lion reportedly killed by American hunter
- Football coach Loughran settles in at Fox Chapel
- Pirates third baseman Ramirez’s last ride is about winning a ring
- Judge lets New Kensington Ten Commandments monument stand
- DOD recommits to CMU software security center with $732M award
- Pittsburgh a finalist for World Junior hockey event