Had it with hypocrisy
Published: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 8:50 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Had it with hypocrisy
Thank you for publishing Joseph Sabino Mistick's column “What's next for Republicans?” (Nov. 11 and TribLIVE.com). I enjoy reading his contributions because they are so entertaining.
After all, he is speaking for Western Pennsylvania liberals in a conservative newspaper. Sometimes, I am dumbstruck that people actually believe the things he says.
It is true that the Republicans are in big trouble. If they do not make some serious changes, there will be no more Republican Party.
Just as the Democrats cannot conceive of such abstract concepts as the consequences of abysmal debt, the Republicans are blind to their own impending destiny.
What made me write this letter, though, is Mistick's use of the word “intolerance.” What I am becoming intolerant of is the hypocrisy.
Democrats are as intolerant of Republicans as Republicans are of Democrats. It is difficult to think differently about “them” when the government and the media promote such bitter feelings among people. Readers should consider political divisions within their own families.
If those in office really cared about shared virtues and all the cherished principles on which our country was founded, we the people would be happier, living self-fulfilled lives unfettered by outside influences.
- Pirates notebook: Cutter a boon for Melancon
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Pipeline project creates unease in Westmoreland County
- Pitt awaits NCAA Tournament fate after loss to Notre Dame in Big East baseball
- Catholic priest scandal induces monsignor to resign post
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Army cadets told sex assaults must go
- Alaska sex affairs draw Army scrutiny
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Rankin teen charged in 16-year-old girl’s shooting death
- W.Va. town transfixed by teen girls' murder plot
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.