Freedom to believe
Published: Monday, December 3, 2012, 12:01 a.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Citizenship has nothing to do with religion. There is good and bad in everything. But atheists who try to stop the rest of us from practicing our religion actually are being bad citizens.
They should mind their own business and stop interfering with things they say don't exist or have meaning. Since there have always been atheists, why now are they wanting Christian monuments taken down? These things are not hurting them or their unbelief in any way. It seems they just want to cause problems.
It is time for our American government to step up and put citizens in their place. Our country was founded and always conducted its affairs as “one nation under God.” Our Supreme Court needs to decide if the atheists or any other groups are going to run our country or are we still “by the people and for the people”?
A man's religion has always been a choice, and God has given us this freedom of choice. If the atheists can use the First Amendment as a basis for their actions, so the Christians can also. Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Religion. The key word is freedom. As I have said in past letters, I am praying that those who deny Christ will find Him before they go into eternity alone and eternally fast. If they live their life choosing to not believe, that's up to them, but stop trying to degrade our Lord by wanting His good and wisdom to be removed.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Springdale grad Killiam shines on diamond for Allegheny
- Mix-up at poll could impact Freeport Area School Board race
- Harrison commissioners considering paving bids
- PIAA board delays vote on Leechburg switch
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- Marine restores pride of Memorial Day parade on streets of Lawrenceville
- Mayoral candidate Peduto wants to spread growth around Pittsburgh
- Wheelchair-bound woman’s passion for independence drives electric-car prototype
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
The author should have stopped after the first sentence. No church has every been shutdown by atheists. All we ask is keep church and state separate. It is a revolutionary idea that strengthens both institutions; And, it is nothing to fear.