Freedom to believe
Citizenship has nothing to do with religion. There is good and bad in everything. But atheists who try to stop the rest of us from practicing our religion actually are being bad citizens.
They should mind their own business and stop interfering with things they say don't exist or have meaning. Since there have always been atheists, why now are they wanting Christian monuments taken down? These things are not hurting them or their unbelief in any way. It seems they just want to cause problems.
It is time for our American government to step up and put citizens in their place. Our country was founded and always conducted its affairs as “one nation under God.” Our Supreme Court needs to decide if the atheists or any other groups are going to run our country or are we still “by the people and for the people”?
A man's religion has always been a choice, and God has given us this freedom of choice. If the atheists can use the First Amendment as a basis for their actions, so the Christians can also. Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Religion. The key word is freedom. As I have said in past letters, I am praying that those who deny Christ will find Him before they go into eternity alone and eternally fast. If they live their life choosing to not believe, that's up to them, but stop trying to degrade our Lord by wanting His good and wisdom to be removed.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Connellsville’s St. Rita Christian Mothers to hold Nationality Day
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- ‘Extreme extrovert’ takes over at WCCC
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Indian Creek Valley Community Center demolition under way
- Western Pa. volunteers battle wildfires in West
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday