Fashion choice only Dawg Pound could love
Perhaps Dan Rooney is to blame for Condi's appalling apparel.
Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice just made her modeling debut, appearing with other famous femmes such as Serena Williams and Ivanka Trump in ads for a new line of National Football League women's wear.
Rice was on a winning team when she was a member of the George W. Bush administration, but she certainly isn't on one now. In the ads, she sports a Cleveland Browns jersey, apparently donning the colors of that woebegone franchise willingly.
“Supporting the NFL and showing my passion for the Cleveland Browns!” she proclaimed on her Facebook page.
Why is Condi willing to commit such a fashion faux pas ? Why isn't she sporting Steelers black-and-gold?
We can only speculate. But perhaps the Republican Rice was put off by the unabashed support that Rooney, the team's chairman emeritus, gives President Obama. Rooney campaigned for the president in 2008 and was richly rewarded — with his ambassadorship to Ireland.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- U.S. Steel looks to expand its Research & Technology Center in Munhall
- Temple dumps SAT, ACT scores from application process
- Rossi: Pirates must land Lester
- Surprise! Lee Supply will play for Grebb girls’ title
- Beloved teacher at 3 Western Pa. schools hears from students across nation
- Powdermill reserve summer program teaches wildlife conservation
- Steelers notebook: Brown calls Sanders’ comments about Roethlisberger ‘terrible’
- Steelers hold high hopes for pass defense
- Proposed Mt. Pleasant VFW relocation site faces a backlash
- After years of lobbying, Big Ben has Steelers running the no-huddle
- Pirates notebook: Trade rumors for Red Sox pitcher Lester still swirling