Fashion choice only Dawg Pound could love
Perhaps Dan Rooney is to blame for Condi's appalling apparel.
Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice just made her modeling debut, appearing with other famous femmes such as Serena Williams and Ivanka Trump in ads for a new line of National Football League women's wear.
Rice was on a winning team when she was a member of the George W. Bush administration, but she certainly isn't on one now. In the ads, she sports a Cleveland Browns jersey, apparently donning the colors of that woebegone franchise willingly.
“Supporting the NFL and showing my passion for the Cleveland Browns!” she proclaimed on her Facebook page.
Why is Condi willing to commit such a fashion faux pas ? Why isn't she sporting Steelers black-and-gold?
We can only speculate. But perhaps the Republican Rice was put off by the unabashed support that Rooney, the team's chairman emeritus, gives President Obama. Rooney campaigned for the president in 2008 and was richly rewarded — with his ambassadorship to Ireland.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins trade Sutter to Canucks, sign free agent center Fehr
- Pirates notebook: Prospect Tucker unaware of ‘trade’ frenzy
- Sutter: Staal effect felt on 3rd line
- New Pens winger Fehr ready for defense-first role
- 5 face trial in beating of black man in Pittsburgh
- Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell gets suspension, fine reduced
- Projects advance through Pittsburgh planning commission despite opposition
- Steelers RB Archer trying to catch up after tough rookie season
- Police officer taking job in Harmarville
- Boy youngest to receive double-hand transplant in Philadelphia
- Turks, Kurdish rebels deepen hostility