Fashion choice only Dawg Pound could love
Perhaps Dan Rooney is to blame for Condi's appalling apparel.
Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice just made her modeling debut, appearing with other famous femmes such as Serena Williams and Ivanka Trump in ads for a new line of National Football League women's wear.
Rice was on a winning team when she was a member of the George W. Bush administration, but she certainly isn't on one now. In the ads, she sports a Cleveland Browns jersey, apparently donning the colors of that woebegone franchise willingly.
“Supporting the NFL and showing my passion for the Cleveland Browns!” she proclaimed on her Facebook page.
Why is Condi willing to commit such a fashion faux pas ? Why isn't she sporting Steelers black-and-gold?
We can only speculate. But perhaps the Republican Rice was put off by the unabashed support that Rooney, the team's chairman emeritus, gives President Obama. Rooney campaigned for the president in 2008 and was richly rewarded — with his ambassadorship to Ireland.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- Small plane goes down near Grove City
- Route 22 accident in Monroeville causes traffic jam
- Suspended Penn-Trafford teacher charged with stalking student
- 1 hurt in Mt. Lebanon fire on Bower Hill Road
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- Pirates’ Melancon has been consistent since moving into closer’s role
- Real estate executive Hanna’s gifts target needy Western Pa. families
- LaBar: John Cena leaving WWE for Hollywood?
- Injured eagle in Somerset County returns to the wild