No respect for veep
To put it in terms the late comedian Rodney Dangerfield would have used, Vice President Joe Biden can't get no respect.
Fear of weather-related problems caused by Hurricane Isaac prompted Biden to cancel his scheduled trip to Tampa during last week's Republican National Convention. But that didn't stop a Hooters in nearby Clearwater, Fla., from mocking the veep on a sign outside the restaurant that read: “Hey Joe, Welcome to North Carolina.”
The sign referenced yet another gaffe Biden recently made when he told a Virginia campaign-stop crowd that he was in North Carolina.
There's more. One of the Navy SEALs who helped kill Osama bin Laden isn't kind to Biden in a book due out on Tuesday.
In “No Easy Day,” former SEAL Matt Bissonnette — writing under the pseudonym Matt Owen — describes a meeting the SEALs had with the veep and President Obama following the raid that killed the notorious terrorist.
Bissonnette writes that Biden told “lame jokes” that no one understood and reminded him of “someone's drunken uncle at Christmas dinner.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Pouliot heading west with team
- Tennessee’s Peterman to enroll at Pitt in May
- Pens again fail to mount comeback against Nashville
- Snow, freezing rain, bitter cold coming to Western Pa.
- Pitt women beat Miami, reach 14 wins for first time in four seasons
- 2 injured in Washington County crash
- Hax: Should woman who doesn’t want kids continue to date man who does?
- How to dispense with fear and make more friends
- CMU software eases task of mining prostitution ads
- Ex-etiquette: No toddler on date
- TV draws more top directors these days