The voter-fraud playbook: Overwhelm 'em!
Published: Saturday, May 12, 2012, 12:30 a.m.
Leftists will follow their vote-fraud playbook as Barack Obama seeks re-election this year, cautions Accuracy in Media. And the effort will be steeped in the same kind of "community organizing" tactics (think of the former ACORN, think of its Project Vote affiliate) so dear to this president.
In a new Accuracy In Media (aim.org) report, James Simpson says the left's strategy for vote fraud involves:
• Swamping elections officials with last-minute, largely fraudulent voter registrations
• "Voter suppression" lawsuits that press state officials for taxpayer-funded registration operations
• The Obama Justice Department, supportive of voter intimidation under Attorney General Eric Holder, suing states, backing private lawsuits and resisting reform
• Echoing that narrative, dismissing vote-fraud allegations and promoting legislation friendly to its strategy.
"The ultimate goal is a systematized, taxpayer-funded voting machinery that will guarantee maximum participation from the Left's voting demographic" -- low-income Americans increasingly dependent on government welfare -- "while undermining the ability to manage elections and prevent fraud," Mr. Simpson writes.
Americans who cherish the right to vote and the importance of honest elections now know what to watch out for as Obama & Co. try to game the system in 2012.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- PSERS time bomb: Tick, tick, tick, tick ...
- Saturday essay: A special tinsel
- Christmas in Connellsville: Catch the spirit
- More ObamaCare fallout: Medicare disadvantage
- The IRS scandal: FBI games
- Corrections reinvention
- Sunday pops
- Dear Steelers: Perhaps “postseason” is but a quaint notion after all. Yours, Old Man River.
- Selling GM stock: A $10 billion public hook
- ‘Racism’? No
- Anti-fracking scandal: More junk ‘science’